Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Worst ever Bolton performance

The game at Torquay when we lost 2 - 0 and Phil Neal departed afterwards

was pretty dire. Not one shot all game and one hell of a journey home.

6 - 0 at home to some local rival.

6 - 0 away to spurs in the cup.

The last few minutes at home to Crystal Palace at the reebok when we were 3 -1 up going into injury time and ended up drawing 3 - 3. That still annoys me even now !

Any more ??

was pretty dire.  Not one shot all game and one hell of a journey home.

The last few minutes at home to Crystal Palace at the reebok when we were 3 -1 up going into injury time and ended up drawing 3 - 3.  That still annoys me even now !

Any more ??

i had a fiver on 3-3 in that game

and bergsson first goal.

halifax away we drew 0-0.

the infamous 'water off a ducks back' night for mr neal

Guest TonyCee

The last few minutes at home to Crystal Palace at the reebok when we were 3 -1 up going into injury time and ended up drawing 3 - 3.  That still annoys me even now !

Any more ??

and bergsson first goal.

Was that not the point that got us promoted?

Mr Neal was indeed proven correct.

Think before you dive in.

#-o #-o

Guest TonyCee
That game was played in mid-January 1988. How was that the point that got us promoted?

#-o  #-o

As they say

The dying salmon always leaps first

:D

B??llocks.

That was no fishing trip. You were trying to be a smart-??rse and got caught out.

I was, however, surprised that you haven't reeled off a long list of sh??te Bolton performances, seeing as you are one of the current team's biggest critics.

Any more ??

and bergsson first goal.

Was that not the point that got us promoted?

Mr Neal was indeed proven correct.

#-o #-o

the ducks back comment summed up the clubs attitude to the fans.

ie what they say/think does nt matter.

mr neal was a total red ginger niot because of the performance on the night but the fact he had no idea what the club meant to the fans.

the performance was wank

the fact the point helped the club reach its lowest league finish in its history does not make it a good result.

i am sure tony you have seen a lot worse in the premiership, i assume you were going to watch the club in the old days were nt you ???

Guest TonyCee
B??llocks.

That was no fishing trip. You were trying to be a smart-??rse and got caught out.

I was, however, surprised that you haven't reeled off a long list of sh??te Bolton performances, seeing as you are one of the current team's biggest critics.

I was pointing out the fact that without that point we would not have got promoted.

Southampton away April 2003 (0-0) was a poor performance but the point gained was massive in terms of the season and not going into the last day in the botton three.

You dont always get what you deserve in football and certain games are more about results than others. I was at halifax for the 0-0 and although it was a poor match you should never be totally dejected with an away point.

The point at halifax wasnt that bad.They had gained more home points than leaders Wolves at the time and with Rick Holden,Phil Brown and a young Wayne Allison had a bit of talent.My biggest moan about the night was that the original programme was being sold for this rearranged fixture....with the money from their cup tie with Nottm Forest surely an a4 sheet updating us on events from the Shay could have been inserted. [-X

Newport away in 86/87 gets my vote for worst performance.

1-0 up against a team of kids and veterans and we got beat 2-1.It was the way we sat back after Ian Stevens put us in front that was unforgivable.

Bolton against Shrewsbury in the 80s at Burnden. At the end of the game the crowd were chanting only one player trying. That was Warren Joyce.

got to be scarbro away 86 old 4th division hammered 4-0 and what must be the best diving headed own goal by dave sutton, must be bwfc's lowest point

I remember it well. Did we really turn up every week paying good money to watch that shit?

Think one of the worst and earliest for me was

Bolton 0-1 Gillingham, 1st Feb 1985, i think?

Birthday weekend, lost, broke down on way home and missed the swimming part of my swimming party that night!

Those were BAD days!

Yes biff thought it was david reeves though. :-k

think that was chester away, when they were playing somewhere else !!

but not macclesfiled.

reevesys brother was subbing for them and got the second biggest cheer of the game.

Yes biff thought it was david reeves though. :-k

think that was chester away, when they were playing somewhere else !!

but not macclesfiled.

reevesys brother was subbing for them and got the second biggest cheer of the game.

Chester were playing at their original Sealand Rd ground and Alan Reeves was warming up on the touchline when he gotthe cheers.

The game against Shrewsbury, it was definitely Warren Joyce who was the only one putting any effort in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.