Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Latest on Happy Airlines

Happy Wanderer

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst Happy should be on a winner here - getting flights directly into Burgas let's hope his company don't take the mick. They know that we can all get better deals to Sofia - so in theory they have us against the wall with this one. I still have a budget and don't want fleecing.

I'd also hope that the airport taxes at Burgas are cheaper than Sofia and that hotels are cheaper than Sofia.

It would be good if the travel company put it to Happy - 100 lads = ??325 each. 150 lads = ??285 each. 200 lads = ??255 each. It might mean more posters on here encouraging more people to travel to get the cost down.

• Moderators

my lot will not be travelling at 355

not fora game that could be all but over, and with two furthr trips guaranteed

simple as

maybe one or two, but not 10

maybe the company can still make money

It would be good if the travel company put it to Happy - 100 lads = ??325 each. 150 lads = ??285 each. 200 lads = ??255 each. It might mean more posters on here encouraging more people to travel to get the cost down.

I've done my best to promote this and drive interest in the travel, it's an attractive package and my aim was to get 100+ names and barter the price down. With lack of names and numbers how can I do this.

Show some interest in this and I may have something to get back with.

I've done my best to promote this and drive interest in the travel, it's an attractive package and my aim was to get 100+ names and barter the price down. With lack of names and numbers how can I do this.

Show some interest in this and I may have something to get back with.

Does this mean that there isn't enough interest for Happy Airlines or are you still going to get a price for a 2 night special?

Happy you know exactly why there has been a lack of interest. Until people know where the game is too be played - its pointless making a commitment when Wizzair are doing silly deals. I think as soon as we have confirmation of times and venues - then you will see an interest - especially if you are flying into the right city and with the right price.

You "associate company" could be onto a winner if we progress - so no point in them fleecing us on the first given moment. If they price this right they will get repeat custom.

I know you have put a lot of time into this - and you are a star for doing so - but you know the public of Bolton are tighter than the Jocks!

• Moderators

no doubt everybody thought they were going to get ??5 return flight deals, and clearly that isn't happening

in the cold light of day, i think 250 max is the ceiling for folk ive talked to

and the plan of coming home after the game isn't popular

now, i've no intention of planning owt myself, so you could think that ive no place to comment, but youre asking why folk aren't buying the idea

i think thats it

price

straight home

I don't care the price at least you will be able to say you were at BWFC's first ever game in Europe it something that will be talked about for years to come.

It's a chance to make history.

Your not a true Bolton fan if your not in Bulgaria.

Just get there by hook or by crook.

I have done my bit to promote HappyTours because I'm sure it will be well organised. Whilst at half the price I have arranged my own transport. But at a cost. We'll only see half a match. But hey, what a deal!

This time last year we went to Yeovil - well the true fans did anyhow :D :D

Seriously though some good points raised - plus we have to get this game into perspective given that we should progress and that soon enough, therefore, we could be talking about a final group game in Feyenoord for progression, summat like that. But now it looks like the venue is more or less sorted people can start to suss it out properly eg the London lot (who incidentaly are not holding out much hope of preferential treatment with away tickets and will certainly ration them to ST holders and those that travel regularly) will be sorting stuff and I'll pass this option on to them.

[-X Lets all calm down, its only an advert....I mean a game. But as its been said its our first proper game in Europe and we all have got to go. I went to Pisa and if that experience is anything to go by this game should not be missed. That trip was one of my best days as a BWFC fan and Im sure this will be better.

I say we must fly with Happy direct to Burgas on Thursday morning, stay Thurs & Fri night, back Saturday. For that I will pay upto ??400.

Live the dream.

[-X Lets all calm down, its only an advert....I mean a game. But as its been said its our first proper game in Europe and we all have got to go. I went to Pisa and if that experience is anything to go by this game should not be missed. That trip was one of my best days as a BWFC fan and Im sure this will be better.  

I say we must fly with Happy direct to Burgas on Thursday morning, stay Thurs & Fri night, back Saturday. For that I will pay upto ??400.

Live the dream.

This would be ideal for you supersyd but the posts I have read recently are suggesting that they have a ceiling on the cost. Satan, Smiley and Ashey have recently mentioned that we have to put this game into perspective.

My view is as follows:

1..Do your best to go with HappyTours because it will be well organised with a good hotel and all transfers sorted.

2..If you come to the conclusion that you have decided to stay at home because a lot of money would be needed for future games then just think about how you could regret missing a big game in the history of BWFC. Get the cash somehow, borrow.

3..If you still feel that you will definately stay at home then take a chance with the ??100 "flight only" option dashing back straight after the match for a 5 hour taxi ride. It's no frills, no accommodation, no sleep, no food, no water, no guaranteed transfers but 'what the f(ck' ....you were there

• Members
If you still feel that you will definately stay at home then take a chance with the ??100 "flight only" option dashing back straight after the match for a 5 hour taxi ride. It's no frills, no accommodation, no sleep, no food, no water, no guaranteed transfers but 'what the f(ck' ....you were there

since when have awaydays been plain sailing anyways :D

so theres only about 750 true fans . fcuk me we,re worse than wigan. 750 tops will go to bulgaria , probably less if we are 4-0 up after the 1st leg

I don't care if we are 10-0 up after the first leg , I will be doing my best to be there , because in ture Max Boyce tradition I will be able to say "I know because I was there"

To be honest I feel I have done many things in life - just so I could say "I was there".... but why? Surely the whole point in travelling out to Bulgaria for a match is..... errr..... the match itself. And leaving before full time to catch a flight from the opposite of a country with the chance you won't be able to board is madness. You must be have occuring dreams of that big hairy women stewardess saying "the gate is closed".... and you lads are stuck at Sofia airport without sleep, water, food.

But at least you can say.... "I was there..... at Sofia airport for 4 days waiting for a flight home!"

Personally, I was hoping for 2 nights accomm + flight for ??300 tops.

Well lets see what Happy comes up with, and then when a price is given we can then make the call

With so many options at the moment its going to be hard to get any proper responses from people yet.

If you are doing the trip yourself, flights are working at around ??250 anyway, thats without accomodation, transfers, and you get a whole lot of hassle.

I think people got a little bit carried away with doing the Easyjet thing around europe for ??30! So unless you are going for the week (it will work out cheaper as its a package holiday) - I guess ??350 mark is about right, however coming back after the game is going to put more people off and two nights for around that price would be a lot more attractive

Yep, its all about the overall experience not just the match. As long as we are in the town its going to be played in by lunch time of the day of the match and stay at least the night of the match then I will be 'Happy'. We must fly direct to Burgas, Sofia to Burgas by rail or road would be a complete mare. My overall preferred option would be to stay Thurs & Friday night, come back Sat still only need 2 days of work.

Before I firm up the details, hopefully around lunchtime, can I explain something.

The plane will be sat on the runway waiting for the return flight. If the plane is sat there on Friday and Saturday this will cost a lot more money.

Think about it, the company's who own the planes can use these to ship holiday makers in and out of locations, perhaps two flights a day, thus making more money. If you wanted Friday and Saturday I can assure you, you will pay a premium and quite frankly most are pecking my head at the cost now.

Be real and look at the whole picture.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.