Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

So which was the best of the 4 away games?

Smiley

Which was the best overall?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have come back from all 4 games with loads of great memories and tales to tell the kids and grandkids in years to come.

No matter what happens in the future, they'll never take our memories away of this historic 2005/6 season.

You only get one first crack at something, and we had a f??cking good crack at it.

Thanks Sam and the boys. =D>

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have come back from all 4 games with loads of great memories and tales to tell the kids and grandkids in years to come.

No matter what happens in the future, they'll never take our memories away of this historic 2005/6 season.

You only get one first crack at something, and we had a f??cking good crack at it.

Thanks Sam and the boys. =D>

Traf - spot on. It has been so good to enjoy it this year after all, we may never get in Europe again.

I did Plovdiv, Guimaraes and Marseille and all three hold excellent memories, not least for meeting some great WW posters.

However I think Plovdiv wins.

Sofia, train journey, taxi, cracking hotel, walking into Happy Duck and later finding out that one or two Bolton lads thought I was old bill! Funny that, night club and meetig Amir Khan. The booze, the crack, the nervous edge before the match, the flags, the flares, first European experience, the songs just the total experience was wonderful.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my away day trips got shorter. Plovdiv (Bourgas) 5 Days, Guimarares 4 days and Marseille 3 days.

Having thought about this a bit more, out of the four one of the memories that will linger longest will be the plane ride out to Varna. Loads of WW posters, loads of London Whites and I'm thinking "bloody hell, 18 years ago to the day I was watching us lose at home to Hartlepool in the old 4th in front of 3000 odd....". Then 80% of the plane start Bolton chants going as we come into land...and you think "I don't know exactly what we're doing, but we're ragging doing it" :D :D/ :D/ :D/

Satan - you don't need to answer this but which one are you on the photo? I am good mates with Hulmey and know Hazzy pretty well, and through the darkness of the drunken haze I think I can make them out.

Satan - you don't need to answer this but which one are you on the photo? I am good mates with Hulmey and know Hazzy pretty well, and through the darkness of the drunken haze I think I can make them out.

At back, pointing to Lofty. Trust Sue to able to take a photo that comes out "in a drunken haze" :D

• Site Supporter

You're right Yatesy Lad! Hadn't noticed Ste and Hazzy there. Did Ste have to miss a week of 5 a side after this or was it considered a genuine excuse

You're right Yatesy Lad! Hadn't noticed Ste and Hazzy there. Did Ste have to miss a week of 5 a side after this or was it considered a genuine excuse

He missed a few Wednesday's due to overseas assignments! And we thought they were work related :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.