Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Best World Cup in my memory

jazza

=D>

I have watched all the World Cups since 1974 and for me this has been the best ever excitement wise. I haven't missed many games and am gutted that the tournament is nearly finished.

I know England were disappointing but not as bad as Scotland.. we didn't make it. Did you still enjoy the tournament?

2 games I particularly enjoyed were

Mexico v Argentina and Germany v Italy.. edge of the seat stuff.

The ko times helped and with South Africa being ony 2 hours different to us 2010 should be just as good. Here's hoping [-o<

86 and 90 will always be the golden era to me.

This has been good but has lacked something - probably a decent England performance - to make it special.

Germany - Italy was an amazing if goal-less 90 minutes, they really went for it, it was a great clash of styles. I thought Podolski was just not quite good enough on the night to unlock the Italian defence.

But I think overall we've lacked a defining game, hopefully it will come tomorrow night.

Good to see the German rehabilitation too I think, on and off the pitch.

Italia 90 ,probably the best team we have had since 66 and we did come 4th.worst usa 94 cheating was at it's worst and barely a memorable game,the only bright spark being Mcateer playing for ireland.

I thought the group games of this years tournament have been good.

For me its this tournament. The build up, the packed crowds, some great matches, some cock ups, edge of the seat stuff although some of the latter games have not been up to expetations........I have never enjoyed a tournament as much as this one.....

I particularly enjoyed the Italy v USA game for all it's controversy and drama!

The downside was the Rooney v Ronaldo incident and I just can't get the fukkker 'winking' at the bench out of my mind as though to say 'job done'....

apart from a few matches i think its been a average world cup, apart from the fans who have been brilliant, brazil, czech republic,spain,holland and even england where big let downs for me, for england i blame sven the man for not picking the right players, this was probably there best and only chance of getting to the final. the best team i thought was germany. oh well never mind premiership will be starting soon.

For me its this tournament. The build up, the packed crowds, some great matches, some cock ups, edge of the seat stuff although some of the latter games have not been up to expetations........I have never enjoyed a tournament as much as this one.....

I particularly enjoyed the Italy v USA game for all it's controversy and drama!

The downside was the Rooney v Ronaldo incident and I just can't get the fukkker 'winking' at the bench out of my mind as though to say 'job done'....

Same here ........overall the countries not very exciting stuff

You usually end up judging world cups by how England perform, but if you look at it altogether this has been a brilliant world cup, I have really enjoyed it  =D>

you,re easily pleased then

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.