Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Direct Line

Saw an advert on telly last night offering free yearly travel insurance if you take out buildings and contents insurance.

I already had buildings and contents with them so I thought I would give them a ring to claim my free travel insurance, TBH I was expecting the drivel about new customers only ETC ETC.

I was pleasently surprised, all I had to do was cancel my insurance and take out a new policy and hey presto free travel insurance for the family, the policy was ??72 a year cheaper with free legal cover as well.

Saw an advert on telly last night offering free yearly travel insurance if you take out buildings and contents insurance.

I already had buildings and contents with them so I thought I would give them a ring to claim my free travel insurance, TBH I was expecting the drivel about new customers only ETC ETC.

I was pleasently surprised, all I had to do was cancel my insurance and take out a new policy and hey presto free travel insurance for the family, the policy was ??72 a year cheaper with free legal cover as well.

Direct Line are alaways realy good up front.

Just hope you never need to claim.

so its not just me then ](*,)

Had to threaten them with legal action and a storyline in The Sun newspaper to get my claim sorted with them about 10 years ago. They paid up 2 days later.

My dad had loads of hassle with them when it came to claiming. he was promised a hire car if ever needed.

In the end, he hired his own and sent them the bill. He threated to write to watchdog.. that got them sorted. (doesn't over react, my dad 8-[ )

Been with New Homes Insurance for about 3 years, bought it through insurance supermarket

They paid up on 2 claims within a week of each other

One where a chav threw a stone through my window [-X

The other where i ironed my carpet, errr i mean dropped the iron on the carpet

No problems and no change to my premiums when i renewed.

Been with New Homes Insurance for about 3 years, bought it through insurance supermarket

One where a chav threw a stone through my window  [-X  

I would have given you a nice insurance quote for a new carpet,

and a second alternative one as well if required :-#

:D

They send there own independent inspectors / valuers and companies who fit the new one

Had to threaten them with legal action and a storyline in The Sun newspaper to get my claim sorted with them about 10 years ago. They paid up 2 days later.

same here but I used the guardian as a threat as it made me sound a bit more intelligent! :D

:D

They send there own independent inspectors / valuers and companies who fit the new one

But then you insist that you want to use the same carpet fitter/supplier that you have always used and trusted for years. When the insurance company finds out that their independent rip-off merchants (often Allied Carpets) are quoting way over the top they will allow you to use your trusty tradesman NO PROBLEM zozzy VITK.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.