Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carlos Tevez!

dunster999

Completely stunned...jealous...mystified. Fair play to the mockneys but why would 2 world class players who the likes of united, arsenal, chelsea etc were interested in, end up at west ham?? sounds very dodgy to me. Weren't MSI recently investigated in Brazil for links with the Russian Mafia? Is there a Chelsea connection ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds really fishy.

How can West Ham afford them on permanent deals? Why would they choose West Ham over other bigger clubs?

Something doesn't sound right.

It states on the official webiste that:

The pair have been signed for an undisclosed fee and put pen to paper on permanent contracts with the Club this afternoon. All other aspects of the transfers will remain confidential and undisclosed.

Definatley a shady deal of sorts but thats moden football for you!

• Moderators

marchotti on talknonsense says these two were offered to chelsea, united and arsenal in the last few days

he's suggesting its likely they're not here for long, ie until the folks that own em - msi - decide to move them on

or

that msi are going to be announced as new owners of whammers soon

he also said that while its often been said, its never been proved that abramovic has any links to msi

I'm sure that most West Ham fans don't give a toss if it is a dodgy deal or not, as they will be entertained by a couple of world class players for at least a season. If they end up winning a cup or finishing top six, does it really matter how the deal has come about?................I think not

West Ham are a feeder club for Chelsea, ie - Lamps, Joe Cole,Glen Johnson etc, so you can bet Tevez and Mascharano are just being " bloodied" in the Premiership by West Ham - then they'll both join Chelsea next season when they are ready.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

I'm not sure about these two. They are considered world class because they have played for Argentina, but IMHO the odd good performance for their country does not make them effective premiership performers.

Veron, Kleberson, Diao, Cisse, Diouf are all examples of non europeans who have flopped here after big money deals following promising world cup displays.

Tevez and Mascherano may prove succesful, but there is bound to be a period of acclimitisation as they have never played European football, never mind premiership.

Anelka will score more goals than AJ this season pablo

both very good players not world class mind

Well thats by no means a given......looking at the way the 2 teams play, I can see Nolan scoring more than Anelka.

For you to get the most out of Anelka, style of play will need to be changed.

But they wont be far from each other, same price range....which now look a snip to be honest!

You cant just presume Anelka will start well....ive seen it with my own eyes that Johnson has started well!!

Edited by Pablo

I'm sure that most West Ham fans don't give a toss if it is a dodgy deal or not, as they will be entertained by a couple of world class players for at least a season. If they end up winning a cup or finishing top six, does it really matter how the deal has come about?................I think not

I would agree with you, other than the fact that many hammers have made a big point of playing down Chelsea's recent triumphs and the fact that they have bought rather than built their way to the top.

I have been chatting to a West Ham fan today, they reckon it's a one-year "try before you buy" deal, after which they have the option to pay the big fee or let them go. (Chelsea)

As MSI has been trying to buy into West Ham, the suspicion is that they'll try for a stake in the club in return for the players.

I have been chatting to a West Ham fan today, they reckon it's a one-year "try before you buy" deal, after which they have the option to pay the big fee or let them go. (Chelsea)

As MSI has been trying to buy into West Ham, the suspicion is that they'll try for a stake in the club in return for the players.

Yep, my Hammers mates have said exactly the same, 1 year deal for a small fee, but with large fees if they want them next year

Basically loan deals, as far as I can see

And I assume the 'purchase prices' will allow other clubs to step in to buy them if they also meet the price

Yep, my Hammers mates have said exactly the same, 1 year deal for a small fee, but with large fees if they want them next year

Basically loan deals, as far as I can see

And I assume the 'purchase prices' will allow other clubs to step in to buy them if they also meet the price

These 2 players are going to cost at least 45 million for both! There is no way West Spam will afford that! It gives them both the time to *climatise, get used the pace of the Prem, our culture, play regularly and increase their price tag! Only Chelsea and Urinals will be able to afford them! Something in their contracts will say if a club bids more than a million they can speak to them!

These 2 are Chelsea bound! Definately!

These 2 players are going to cost at least 45 million for both! There is no way West Spam will afford that! It gives them both the time to *climatise, get used the pace of the Prem, our culture, play regularly and increase their price tag! Only Chelsea and Urinals will be able to afford them! Something in their contracts will say if a club bids more than a million they can speak to them!

These 2 are Chelsea bound! Definately!

Aye, that seems the long and short of it, they are loanees being groomed for Stamford Bridge - if they prove good enough in the prem.

And for all I don't like West Ham, it's sad to see them reduced to this. I suspect that's why we've not had the influx of Hammers on here today that we'd have expected. They know this is an insult to their club.

And what happens next year if they do well and piss off to Chelsea - West Ham's team will be decimated. Not really good long term thinking.

Of course, the intial disbelief we're all feeling may turn out to be shock, and they may be bona fide West Ham players. I just don't see it though.

Wiggy, you're absolutly right.

After yesterday's hype, the same questions and reservations are cropping up, all over our sites.

Despite what the media might like to portray.

As for MSI, they're so guarded in how they operate, that any fans or even newspaper's idea of what's happening is pure speculation. Commonly held belief that Abramovic is behind them, which in my opinion is disasterous for the game, on top of what Chelsea have already done.

But there's also been as many newspaper reports in the past that have traced MSI back to another Russian, who can't stand Abramovic, and speculate that MSI are a front for him to earn the same 'resectability' with all his money in the same way as Abramovic.

Either way, it ain't good for the game.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.