Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Anelka To Start Against Arsenal?

cbwfcd

We have done well in recent times against Arsenal with a 'in your face' approach to the game that the has the Gunners running for the hills. With Anelka admitting he is stuggling to find his feet in the new system do you think that Sam will leave him out of the starting 11 or is it his destiny to get off the mark against his former club?

Edited by cbwfcd

We have got three very tough games coming up in a week. We beat Arsenal by being very compact defensively and capitalising on their mistakes or set pieces and Stelios would be better suited to that than Anelka. So I would rest/drop him for Arsenal and consider him for Chelsea/Reading - depending on how well or not the team against Arsenal played.

Rose tinted glasses.

We have paid ??8M for a goalscorer who is not scoring.

Yes he contributes this and that, he is quick, he worries opposition defences BUT HE IS NOT SCORING GOALS.

How many games do you lot think he should have before he gets his first goal in the Prem?

Rose tinted glasses.

We have paid ??8M for a goalscorer who is not scoring.

Yes he contributes this and that, he is quick, he worries opposition defences BUT HE IS NOT SCORING GOALS.

How many games do you lot think he should have before he gets his first goal in the Prem?

And drop him for which superstar goalscorer that we have in the ranks?

There are plenty of options to shuffle the players around. For me, getting Davies back down the centre for the full 90 minutes is a priority.

My point being, is how long do you stick with a goal scorer who is not scoring goals in the vain hope that he will get one soon.

Guest TonyCee
There are plenty of options to shuffle the players around. For me, getting Davies back down the centre for the full 90 minutes is a priority.

My point being, is how long do you stick with a goal scorer who is not scoring goals in the vain hope that he will get one soon.

Most people on here would have him play every game of the season without scoring. Sometimes youve got to admit when youre wrong.

The only reason for that is that he cost ??8.5m. He has proved to be worth absolutely nowhere near that. As a poacher Borgetti was better and look how few chances he got in the team.

Get Davies up front on his own. To drop him against arsenal will hurt him too. Might get a reaction.

Most people on here would have him play every game of the season without scoring. Sometimes youve got to admit when youre wrong.

The only reason for that is that he cost ??8.5m. He has proved to be worth absolutely nowhere near that. As a poacher Borgetti was better and look how few chances he got in the team.

Get Davies up front on his own. To drop him against arsenal will hurt him too. Might get a reaction.

Yehh, let's show him and put him on the bench as he won't pick up his ??xxk a week if we don't play him, will he? Surely others have seen the glimmers I have or am just one of the rose tinted brigade?

Edited by no balls

So because he cost us ??8M he has a right to play every week, irrespective of what he does?

FFS

No, but your advocating dropping him BECAUSE he cost ??8m and hasn't scored, irrespective of his other contributions.

If we had someone on the bench who whould offer more, then fair enough. But we haven't.

The simple fact is that we'd be a poorer team without Anelka in it; so you have to play him.

No, the reason is that the guy has a proven track record and plays for France and we won't integrate him any quicker if he's sat on the bench.

For me the team against arsenal should be

Jussi

BanHaim-Faye-Meite-Fortune

Campo

Nolan-Tal

Anelka-Davies-Diouf

Stick anelka on the right (He pull out that way naturally anyway so why not?)and let Kev play back in the centre. Although saying that i can see Davies doing a lot of damage against Clichy!

• Site Supporter

sam seems to want to perservere with anelka as the main front man, but twice now (newcastle and everton) we have been a much better team once anelka has moved to the left.

i dont care if he doesnt want to play there, the team comes 1st. get davies back up top

OR lets start rotating the 3 again like we did last season. not sure why that has stopped happening.

anelka needs to be involved and that will not happen wihile he is up front on his bill.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.