Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I Wonder If Anyone Really Knows The Truth?

dear friends and fellow wandererers supporters i am in need of some facts from my fellow supporters this is a true story. on the last game at burnden park versus charlton bolton won the game 4-1 and john mcginlay after scoring the last goal at burnden threw his boots into the crowd on the lap of honour a man caught his right boot and took it home and kept it as a souvenier in a glass case in his house. a few years later this gentleman was taken ill and sadly died and the boot was left to his son.his son was not interested in football and decided to sell the boot to a workmate who is a family member of mine and a lifelong wanderers fan. on receiving the boot he decided to contact mr mcginlay to authentificate the boot but mr mcginlay said he did not throw his boots into the crowd that night end of story you might think. no the story was run last week in the b.e.n and various supporters came forward to agree that john mcginlay did indeed throw his boots into the crowd that night including

one fan who knew the guy who has the other boot the left one he is no longer in contact with this person but he is known as mr livesey and he lives in the bromley cross area of bolton. please if anyone knows this person could you pm me so they can get together to display the boots together and prove once and for all they are the magic boots this is only a plea so the boots can be reunited and the owners can then decide the best resting place or keep them to themselves as the case may be. but please do not let these boots rot away in some old garage or attic somewhere i for one would love to see them on display somewhere in the bolton borough please no silly replys if you cant help then dont if you can it will be much appreciated this is not a money making excercise.

dear friends and fellow wandererers supporters i am in need of some facts from my fellow supporters this is a true story. on the last game at burnden park versus charlton bolton won the game 4-1 and john mcginlay after scoring the last goal at burnden threw his boots into the crowd on the lap of honour a man caught his right boot and took it home and kept it as a souvenier in a glass case in his house. a few years later this gentleman was taken ill and sadly died and the boot was left to his son.his son was not interested in football and decided to sell the boot to a workmate who is a family member of mine and a lifelong wanderers fan. on receiving the boot he decided to contact mr mcginlay to authentificate the boot but mr mcginlay said he did not throw his boots into the crowd that night end of story you might think. no the story was run last week in the b.e.n and various supporters came forward to agree that john mcginlay did indeed throw his boots into the crowd that night including

one fan who knew the guy who has the other boot the left one he is no longer in contact with this person but he is known as mr livesey and he lives in the bromley cross area of bolton. please if anyone knows this person could you pm me so they can get together to display the boots together and prove once and for all they are the magic boots this is only a plea so the boots can be reunited and the owners can then decide the best resting place or keep them to themselves as the case may be. but please do not let these boots rot away in some old garage or attic somewhere i for one would love to see them on display somewhere in the bolton borough please no silly replys if you cant help then dont if you can it will be much appreciated this is not a money making excercise.

He did throw his boots into the embankment. FACT.

He was probably pissed up anyway.

just to add to the above i think the mans name is mark livesey. has anyone got the video of the game and is there any footage of j m throwing his boots into crowd at the end. the footage i have got is off sky sports but program finishes as they start a lap of honour the boot has jmg in it

There's a Mark Livsey that works at (or did) at Gordons bodyshop (the Ford place)

is he a bolton fan the lad who gave us his name has not seen him for 4 years so he may have moved house but was near him when he caught the boot and says he was offered 500 quid for it outside ground

i was down the tunnel when the team came off that night and have photos somewhere that may in fact prove( if my memory serves me correct) that the players DID NOT throw there match gear into the crowd they went and changed into other kits before the presentation and lap of honour and i think they went in the crowd. as i can remember i think McGinlay had his match boots round his neck the first time they came off and then when they went back out he had a second pair back on his feet same with some of the shirts as well. ill try and dig out the photos to verify this though.

Edited by eaststandlower

Guest tel_net

I spent most of my life in BX and I used to know a Mark Livesey, he went to Turton High School and lived around Chetwyn Ave. It could be him, not too sure.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.