Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Decent Manchester Bars And Pubs

So..............any decent bars and pubs in Manc then? <_<

Circle Club in Barton Arcade. It's a bit on the posh side, and you have to be a member, but it's a beautiful place. Just ring for membership.

Prohibition near Kendals. Cool, yet not pretentious.

Bluu Bar in the Northern Quarter. Mixed, some pretentious folk, some studenty types.

Is that a sensible enough answer?

Corbiere's on Half Moon Street (back street of St Ann's Square) is alright. Decent jukebox, good atmosphere, and it looks like Yoda's house inside, which is always a winner for me.

Sinclair's Oyster Bar - you can get lashed for next to nowt and the totty quota is higher than you might reasonably expect. Though that could be a side effect of the cheap ale, obviously.

Matt and Phred's on Tibb Street. Jazz and Pizza. Groovy, man.

Good call

Corbiere's on Half Moon Street (back street of St Ann's Square) is alright. Decent jukebox, good atmosphere, and it looks like Yoda's house inside, which is always a winner for me.

Sinclair's Oyster Bar - you can get lashed for next to nowt and the totty quota is higher than you might reasonably expect. Though that could be a side effect of the cheap ale, obviously.

Matt and Phred's on Tibb Street. Jazz and Pizza. Groovy, man.

That place is the perfect first date bar, and I hate Jazz. Night & Day Cafe is also good and if you are near Oxford Rd Station The Green Room on Whitworth St is a theatre BUT it has a great bar at the front and hosts some excellent nights.

http://www.greenroomarts.org/about-greenroom/cafe-bar/

britons protection near bridgewater hall

corbiere's -top boozer near st anne's square

peveril of the peak- near oxford road

rain bar- sit next to canal

sinclairs oyster bar as said before.

if youre not into pubs you can always try round canal street if that 's your cup of tea.

Some good calls on here.

Stay well clear of the printworks its full of retards looking for a fight and my lot when we finish work on fridays after a cheap pint!

Theres a few decent in the northern quarter. bluu as mentioned before, simple is a nice bar, Tv21s is ok, trofs alright when its not rammed; hit and miss when it is though.

Peveril is my favourite but i can never be arsed trekking the 5 minutes off oxford road! (lazy bones) and its adjacent the rain bar which was mentioned earlier and not too far from pitcher and piano or temple (smallest bar in the world used be a toilet!!! i shit you not!)

Other than that, shakespeare and english lounge are as the names suggest old no-nonsense pubs. joshua brooks, thirsty scholar and lass o'gowrie, font and space are right near oxford road station and are all good places to go for a pint, or a game of pro evo in the case of font.

Stevie b - Piss can supreme signing off!

I've been in every one of the above in the past fortnight.

Atlas

Cloud 23

Deansgate 101

Revolution ( Deansgate Locks )

Loaf

Duks

Odd Bar, Blu , Night & Day plus a few others round the Northern Quarter & thats only in Mancland, I think I've got a drink problem hic,hic

if youre not into pubs you can always try round canal street if that 's your cup of tea.

Good selections apart from Rain bar. Lees' ale = dogshit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.