Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Munich Package Scam

Neilpie

We are very pissed off as we have been ripped off for munich tickets and flights etc by a c**t calling himself martin <edited>, sorry if this is you and you are genuine. Please contact us though as this muppet is using your identiy. he is also claiming to co own a cleaning company in Bolton who i wont name for there business's sake, but they were very helpful.

He may also be going under the name of Shaun or Sean <edited>. Apologies also if this is you, but he is using your name also. The package was advertised on the fans forum via the bolton news website, claiming to have match tickets , flights and accomodation for munich at a very good deal. We meet this t****r at the braga match and he seemed very genuine and knowledgeable about bolton wanderers. This is what led us to believe he was genuine and you dont rip off your own or so we thought. next stage he was texting us all the time with updates etc....... however when it came down to showing us the goods after we had paid half the money, they did not materialise.

We had previously seen our names on a lastminute.com printout, this led us to believe it was ok.

This w****r has rotten teeth very noticable, has anyone seen him or been done like this? He may live somewhere between Chorley New Rd and Blackburn Rd, as he seens to know the area well.

Please contact if anything rings a bell via email- neilpie77@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help from 3 pissed off Bolton season ticket holders who should be in munich.

Edited by Carlos

We are very pissed off as we have been ripped off for munich tickets and flights etc by a c**t calling himself martin <edited>, sorry if this is you and you are genuine. Please contact us though as this muppet is using your identiy. he is also claiming to co own a cleaning company in Bolton who i wont name for there business's sake, but they were very helpful.

He may also be going under the name of Shaun or Sean <edited>. Apologies also if this is you, but he is using your name also. The package was advertised on the fans forum via the bolton news website, claiming to have match tickets , flights and accomodation for munich at a very good deal. We meet this t****r at the braga match and he seemed very genuine and knowledgeable about bolton wanderers. This is what led us to believe he was genuine and you dont rip off your own or so we thought. next stage he was texting us all the time with updates etc....... however when it came down to showing us the goods after we had paid half the money, they did not materialise.

We had previously seen our names on a lastminute.com printout, this led us to believe it was ok.

This w****r has rotten teeth very noticable, has anyone seen him or been done like this? He may live somewhere between Chorley New Rd and Blackburn Rd, as he seens to know the area well.

Please contact if anything rings a bell via email- neilpie77@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help from 3 pissed off Bolton season ticket holders who should be in munich.

Sh*t thats really bad. Feel for you so much.

I was feeling depressed about not going but would hate to be in your shoes.

The only positive I can gset from not going is that a few of the people I know who are going are coming back tonight so I will be able to celebrate our victory into the early hours when they will be on a plane coming home and will be gutted to be leaving Munich. Maybe they wont but it makes me feel slightly better.

Edited by Carlos

First and foremost you need to contact the police and supply all the details you have to hand.

Did you ask if his company was bonded by any agency?

There are many other companies and reliable people who use this website that could have assisted you in your travel.

Horse - bolt - gate, but you should use someone that has either put on trips before or comes recommended.

I'm sorry this has happened, please let us know how you get on.

NB

If the names mentioned in the above is either you or someone you know and they are genuine, then this could be identity fraud and I urge you to contact the police.

First and foremost you need to contact the police and supply all the details you have to hand.

Did you ask if his company was bonded by any agency?

There are many other companies and reliable people who use this website that could have assisted you in your travel.

Horse - bolt - gate, but you should use someone that has either put on trips before or comes recommended.

I'm sorry this has happened, please let us know how you get on.

NB

If the names mentioned in the above is either you or someone you know and they are genuine, then this could be identity fraud and I urge you to contact the police.

Neil, gutted for you. Who were the other three?

• Site Supporter

One of the lads I work with got to Manchester airport on Wednesday afternoon to fly out. He was meeting his 'travel agent' there. He didn't get there. I'll post more detail when I see him.

• Moderators

I have removed the names to avoid any legal complications, you really need to go to the Police with this and not post it on the internet.

SG is a lad I know of, I think he was one targeted by Operation Delta back in the 80's. He's originally from B'met and knows some very dodgy people so I'd be careful throwing round accusations.

We have been to the police about this & they are investigating one of the guys. We now know that SG is not involved. Sorry for posting the name, but it was written in the heat of the moment & obviously were pretty angry & upset at the time.

The reason that we posted on this website was that we thought that the conman might have falsely used these names and wanted to warn the people that their identity may have been stolen.

Also wanted to warn other Wanderers fans so they don't get done on future European trips. The bloke is very good at what he does & is very believable so be warned....

• Moderators
We have been to the police about this & they are investigating one of the guys. We now know that SG is not involved. Sorry for posting the name, but it was written in the heat of the moment & obviously were pretty angry & upset at the time.

The reason that we posted on this website was that we thought that the conman might have falsely used these names and wanted to warn the people that their identity may have been stolen.

Also wanted to warn other Wanderers fans so they don't get done on future European trips. The bloke is very good at what he does & is very believable so be warned....

There's enough info there without naming full names. If you have been to the Police, you really need to be aware of sub judice (or however you spell it) and also of prejudicing any future court case.

There's enough info there without naming full names. If you have been to the Police, you really need to be aware of sub judice (or however you spell it) and also of prejudicing any future court case.

while it is shit what happened to you there is a lesson to be learned, stick to what you know in future too many twats out there these days and by saving a few quid it may cost you a few hundred, live and learn.

Edited by athywhite

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.