Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Christmas Parties...

alibob

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowt again.

Got pics from an old do I went to in Blackpool years ago at the Norbreck Castle. Fookin' quality night. All dressed in 70s gear. I'd only just come back from Fuerteventura and cos of my tan and huge moustache, I looked more like a Mexican Bandit than a Sweeney extra.

Out of 6 pictures sent to me, I was embarrassing myself on 5 of them. I must have been caught unaware on the 6th!!!

I started a new job in April and for the first time ever have employers who pay for a 'proper' do at the Midland Hotel in January. I'm led to believe there's a free bar but I can't see it.

Oh and we're having a curry and a night in Manchester at our own expense!

Midland for us too.....think our's is in December tho.

Can't argue with a free bar :good:

• Moderators
I started a new job in April and for the first time ever have employers who pay for a 'proper' do at the Midland Hotel in January. I'm led to believe there's a free bar but I can't see it.

That's cos you've drank too much.

Bluu for us which is could as you can stay in the bar after. Then there's El Rincon out of our own pockets i.e. no managers.

The main works do is at the Lowry Hotel in December. No free bar but we usually get a couple of free drinks and wine with the meal.

A trot out to the xmas market to St Peters Sq, Manchester with workmates, is our unofficial works do. If you've never been its great good food & plenty of beer to be had.

We may have a section trot but that hasn't been decided yet.

I'm also away on business, a two day ale fest in the Midlands. There is a rub, I may not get to see

the Red Star game, if its on tv on the 6th. I had toyed with going to Belgrade but cannot get out of the meeting, its at 4 star hotel complex with all ale & food free so why would I want to?. I still feel a tad guilty about not going to the footy.

Add to that the last day at work p*ss up, then the usual friends & family stuff over the festive period.

Little wonder I like to spend the first week of the new year in rehab hic, on holiday

Edited by wovlad

Perhaps you work at the same place but don't know it but I'll give Remploy their due, the're certainly laying on a decent venue

Get back to selling those catalogue's.

You scouse overspill peasant :p

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.