Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pompey Predictions

Eddie

• Site Supporter
Can't help but think that Megson's teams do well when we have to be compact and the opposition try and get on the front-foot (like Utd at home, Reading and Newcastle away for example), but struggle to take the initiative when the emphasis is on ourselves to attack and spread the opposition (Fulham, Blackburn at home for example).

This ties in with what I'd heard from West Brom fans.

So, my head says a hard fought 1-1 draw with the usual moans and groans.

But my heart says that Megson hasn't worked with players of this calibre before and after the victory last week we'll be full of confidence and win by 2 goals.

Sad but true, have to agree. Think they may have too much for us. 1-1. I'd take it now. Hope i'm wrong though :pardon:

551-0 to us

The entire Portsmouth team to fail a drugs test

Can't help but think that Megson's teams do well when we have to be compact and the opposition try and get on the front-foot (like Utd at home, Reading and Newcastle away for example), but struggle to take the initiative when the emphasis is on ourselves to attack and spread the opposition (Fulham, Blackburn at home for example).

This ties in with what I'd heard from West Brom fans.

So, my head says a hard fought 1-1 draw with the usual moans and groans.

But my heart says that Megson hasn't worked with players of this calibre before and after the victory last week we'll be full of confidence and win by 2 goals.

Doubt there's ever been 2 more contrasting consecutive posts? :blink:

A huge game for us prior to next month...

another three points will instill a huge ammount of confidence in the team...

agree about Cahill working Defoe out the game...

if we can score early and build from that...

the longer it goes goaless...then the more nervous we will be...

I predict a win...but a draw would still be ok against a decent outfit in my opinion...

Bobbers trying to be optimistic!!!!

I predict that prick with the bell winding me up after about 2 minutes.

having met the bloke,with the bell. i can only say he is a decent bloke he was up here a few years ago with a few others to attend the funeral off a good wanderers fan.

• Site Supporter

Portsmouth will fancy their chances,havin won 7 on their travels already.

They certainly won't be playing for a draw,and this could make for an open game,i'll go 2-1 to us

Utaka's pace destroyed us at their place,but that's when our defence was like an under 11s

Has Muntari been rushed back.He could be dangerous if so.

Really looking forward to this one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.