Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rossio

Ashey

BWFC states that this is the area where there are lots of bars and restaurants - posted on the official site so I presume there will be a large presence of bolton there.

Is this the main drinking area in Lisbon?

NB, unsure whether this has been posted elsewhere, just couldnt see any topics for it.

:drinks:

• Moderators
BWFC states that this is the area where there are lots of bars and restaurants - posted on the official site so I presume there will be a large presence of bolton there.

Is this the main drinking area in Lisbon?

NB, unsure whether this has been posted elsewhere, just couldnt see any topics for it.

:drinks:

Not actually on the square but all the streets off it, probably. It's a small place, you will be able to hear a large presense. At night though, Biarro Alto is categorically the place to be though.

According to my Time Out guide - "Most of the cafes that the nervous dictator Salazar had earlier ordrered to ban - have dissapeared". So if Time out is correct I'd say no.

I get the impression from the guide that the Bairro Alto and the Waterfront are the areas for the bars.

• Moderators
According to my Time Out guide - "Most of the cafes that the nervous dictator Salazar had earlier ordrered to ban - have dissapeared". So if Time out is correct I'd say no.

I get the impression from the guide that the Bairro Alto and the Waterfront are the areas for the bars.

For the last time; Bairro Alto is shut by day. Not been to the waterfront but that's where the clubs are.

• Moderators
It looks that way, but all those little stores turn into cafe bars late on!

They do, but they shut at 12ish and it moves over to the waterfront. It'll be quite on a Wednesday anyway.

Avenida 24 de Julho and Docas will the places to be after dark.

Av 24 de Julho is the road that runs along the waterfront and Docas is by the marina.

Although Rossio has a lrge square which will, no doubt be a focal point during the day and it's only 300yds from our hotel: so this time it's not going to cost me a fortune in taxis, like Madrid!

Although Rossio has a lrge square which will, no doubt be a focal point during the day and it's only 300yds from our hotel: so this time it's not going to cost me a fortune in taxis, like Madrid!

Rossio is close to where we are staying, also theres a nice fountain in that square which would look nice with a lbit of foam mixed with it. There are [plenty of bars and restaurants in that area. Its 7 kilometres to the stadium from there.

was talking to a TM about relagation today, Anyway to swerve the subject i mentioned lisbon and he went for euro 04, said rossio square was mint. Not full of bars but when everyone congregates people just end up goin the offy!

Sounds cheap enough for my budget!

• Moderators
was talking to a TM about relagation today, Anyway to swerve the subject i mentioned lisbon and he went for euro 04, said rossio square was mint. Not full of bars but when everyone congregates people just end up goin the offy!

Sounds cheap enough for my budget!

Cherry brandy shops are the future.

Although Rossio has a large square which will, no doubt be a focal point during the day and it's only 300yds from our hotel: so this time it's not going to cost me a fortune in taxis, like Madrid!

Correct again! :yahoo:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.