Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Protest - The Catalyst For Everything Since?

I had a lot of empathy with the people trying to organise and support the protest prior to the West Ham match, at least they were proactively trying to do something to change the situation which was more than I could be aresd doing.

Anyway, looking back I think that protest maybe upset the players more than we gave it credit for and highlighted the seriousness of the situation. Subsequent results seem to indicate this may have been the case.

So from me thanks to those who did protest, you should be proud that the demonstration, despite all its detractors may have paid dividends and helped in some small way to keeping us up, well done!!

Edited by JimmyRiddle

I had a lot of empathy with the people trying to organise and support the protest prior to the West Ham match, at least they were proactively trying to do something to change the situation which was more than I could be aresd doing.

Anyway, looking back I think that protest maybe upset the players more than we gave it credit for and highlighted the seriousness of the situation. Subsequent results seem to indicate this may have been the case.

So from me thanks to those who did protest, you should be proud that the demonstration, despite all its detractors may have paid dividends and helped in some small way to keeping us up, well done!!

They were a set of f?ckwits and an embarrasment. I take it you've not seen some of the pictures/videos of them then?

Or are you on a fishing mission and I bit?

Not too sure about that one.

I might be being cynical, but losing a mega high contract and/or playing at Blackpool might have worried a few too.

If a normal bloke like me thought 'oh shut up you scruffy cnuts', what would a millionaire prima-donna think?

The players will have been pissing themselves seing that protest! :rofl:

Maybe at the calibre' of protesters I have to admit.

But the players would not have been happy that this was making national press, the online votes on the Bolton News website slating Megson, and the whole emphasis being turned onto the club at that time. I do believe it focussed their minds.

My guess is the players knew f?ck all about it, and even if they did - i would imagine they found the "protest" as cringeworthy as most fans with half a brain did.

Must have been Megsons top flight managerial nous that he suddenly discovered then obviously.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.