Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton On Espn Classic

Anyone feeling nostalgic for the 'blood and thunder' FA Cup tie or a full and rockin' Burnden? According to my guide ESPN are showing the highlights of the Newcastle Cup Tie of 75/76, this Friday at 5.30pm. It might be billed as Chelsea v Crystal Palace in some guides but apparently our game is on the bill as well. I remember someone on here posting a link to the goals on you tube - what a cracker it was too. Other than that it will be the first time I've seen it since that day in the Manny Road, aged 8!

I'm sure I had the ticket in an old scrapbook for ages as well. I think it said Bolton v Newcastle or Coventry (due to an earlier replay). Memory may be playing tricks though. What an occasion, what a match anyway.

Went to the decider at Elland Rd and it was bouncing, my mum let me have the day off school (no asking the school for permission in those days) so i could go on the train with all the loons, we lost but i will never forget that atmosphere in the Kop end, ive gone all goose pimply at the thought

Went to the decider at Elland Rd and it was bouncing, my mum let me have the day off school (no asking the school for permission in those days) so i could go on the train with all the loons, we lost but i will never forget that atmosphere in the Kop end, ive gone all goose pimply at the thought

You'd already left school by then.

• Members
Watched the programme last night there was no sign of bolton on there, I will record fridays, hopefully it will be on then.

blinking heck. this programme advertised fa cup action from chelsea v palace & bolton v newcastle. so i don't believe it was unreasonable to expect some footage of big sam in tight shorts. but no, there wasn't a second of highlights away from stamford bridge. at least i sky-plussed it so could speed through at x30.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.