Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Steed Malbranque

Eddie

We are getting left behind in the transfer market - Fulham have signed another today.

Ful and Sund are buying alot but at least if they get injuries they will be ok but we will be in a mess.

We missed the boat when we were in the top 8 and should have pushed on. We now have to accept that we will struggle to compete in the transfer market.

Crap. Keane is like a kid in a sweetie shop. Has no idea how he'll play all these players together.

Not getting left behind at all. Be realistic. How could we have pushed on? Where was the money going to coem from? Our present money is from the TV deal so I'd love to know where we'd have mgicked all this extra money from? To have competed would have cost the club ?50M each season because we have been competing with everyone bar the top four for the last six seasons.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting left behind? Balls.

Who have Fulham signed who you would've taken at the price they've paid?

Who have Sunderland signed who you would've taken at the price they've paid?

The only one is Malbranque, maybe - we don't know what Riga will do.

Our two major deals have probably been done nice and early for the first time ever, our squad will be nice and settled by the Stoke game, and in the last week of the window, we'll probably bring in a couple more like we usually do.

Get a grip people.

I agree with Tyler, I think we'll make one more "decent" signing (which'll be a centre half) and then we'll probabably sign 2 or 3 "bench warmers / squad fillers" in the last two weeks of the transfer window

I agree with Tyler, I think we'll make one more "decent" signing (which'll be a centre half) and then we'll probabably sign 2 or 3 "bench warmers / squad fillers" in the last two weeks of the transfer window

And because we have a new method of signing players, .i.e. not tittletattling over the garden wall with the gutter press till there's a done deal, the signings may well happen, but we aren't aware of them yet.

Keep the faith, brothers and sisters!

Edited by no balls

Noted. Im sure we will cope handsomely when we play Sunderland in November with Diouf and Steed coming at us!

Like Ani said, we are short on numbers and IMO we need to move a bit quicker in getting players in or we may have a bad start to the season again especially if we suffer suspensions or injuries.

• Moderators

I'm not concerned with who fulham or sunderland buy

Fulham have a new manager doing his thing, Sanchez did the same last year, it made c?ck all difference

I've already said my bit about Keane and his transfer policy

megson has his targets, he's got 3 of them, he's still after harper and hopefully there'll be a defender thrown in before we're done

so long as teams like fulham and sunderland don't buy our targets, who and for how much they sign is of no importance

I'm not concerned with who fulham or sunderland buy

Fulham have a new manager doing his thing, Sanchez did the same last year, it made c?ck all difference

I've already said my bit about Keane and his transfer policy

megson has his targets, he's got 3 of them, he's still after harper and hopefully there'll be a defender thrown in before we're done

so long as teams like fulham and sunderland don't buy our targets, who and for how much they sign is of no importance

very very true.

So, can we stop being so f?cking negative please, folks?

• Site Supporter

Just posted this on the WBA bid thread. Then read this one so-

We've traded players like other teams in our position have to do. We may also have a youngster or two to add to the squad for the season. (Woolfe, Dzemali, Obedayi, Sinclair. not Vaz Te.

What is hacking me off that moment is the fact that we are dragging our feet with Megsons Third of "the three" Harper. We have offered 3m and Boro have offered the same. For the sake of 1m more get the f**ker signed and stop arsein about.

Malbranque would have a been agreat signing and I cant believe he has gone to Sunderland, does anyone know if we even tried to sign him?

Probably not.

I like Malbranque...

But I like our policy of signing players who have good injury / appearance records, are relatively young, and aren't asking for tons of money too.

Time will tell - but so far, I'm happy with Megson's transfer dealings

But I was happy with Lee's this time last year too

Lost Anelka & Diouf....got in Elmander & Riga (who?)....we reeeeeeally need some firepower.

not slagging off the players we have signed, probably be awsome and worth every penny, but i would have gone in for aj and steed instead, but thats just my opinion, maybe we did, who knows. but i do think we will struggle for goals this season.

not slagging off the players we have signed, probably be awsome and worth every penny, but i would have gone in for aj and steed instead, but thats just my opinion, maybe we did, who knows. but i do think we will struggle for goals this season.

They'd have cost a lot more in wages and in fees (as I'm sure you know)

That would have meant at least one less signing this summer so the comparison is probably:

AJ / Malbranque OR Harper / Elmander / Riga

I'm not convinced by Johnson, he's OK but that's all... Elmander may be better than OK

Fingers crossed I guess

I'm not convinced by Johnson, he's OK but that's all...

I disagree, I think somebody like Johnson playing off Davies would be pretty good. I know you can't really compare, as we don't know much about Elmander, but I would rather we had spent ?13M on AJ, than c?10M on Elmander, I base that on the fact that I know what Johnson is, and what he is all about, and I know little or next to nothiing about Elmander I am happy to be proved wrong though once the season starts though (hopefully)

I disagree, I think somebody like Johnson playing off Davies would be pretty good. I know you can't really compare, as we don't know much about Elmander, but I would rather we had spent ?13M on AJ, than c?10M on Elmander, I base that on the fact that I know what Johnson is, and what he is all about, and I know little or next to nothiing about Elmander I am happy to be proved wrong though once the season starts though (hopefully)

Indeed - time will tell on this one

I'd rather have Elmander, and maybe ?3-4m left for someone else to come in too

Because I don't think Johnson alone would've been enough for us

Let's hope I'm right. I'm bound to be one day.

What is hacking me off that moment is the fact that we are dragging our feet with Megsons Third of "the three" Harper. We have offered 3m and Boro have offered the same. For the sake of 1m more get the f**ker signed and stop arsein about.

Reading claim today that they don't need to sell anyone, now Kitson's gone. And they say they've had no offers for any players except Kitson.

Reading claim today that they don't need to sell anyone, now Kitson's gone. And they say they've had no offers for any players except Kitson.

As with all things, it'll have very little to do with Reading, it'll depend on which players want to stay, and which want to go. If Harper wants to go back to the Premier League, he will, no matter if Reading need to sell or not.

• Members
Noted. Im sure we will cope handsomely when we play Sunderland in November with Diouf and Steed coming at us!

...and that should worry us how? Must be about 10 more clubs we face with more serious threats so why should we flinsh at this one?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.