Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Is This Team Good Enough?

Jussi

Steinson Cahill A O'Brien Gardener

McCann Muamba Nolan

Davies Elmander Taylor

I have pushed Taylor up a bit but not sure the players we have can accomodate the 433 or 451 whatever you want call it. No width players in my opinion. Might have to go 442 with Davies and Elmander up top.

Jussi

McCann Muamba Nolan

Davies Elmander Taylor

I have pushed Taylor up a bit but not sure the players we have can accomodate the 433 or 451 whatever you want call it. No width players in my opinion. Might have to go 442 with Davies and Elmander up top.

to be honest think we need to replace davies with a striker who scores, think we need a creative midfielder, then i would say the team is almost good enough.

It's good enough to stay up, it's good enough to win 10 games 1-0 or 2-1 but won't provide anywhere near enough entertainment to justify the entrance fee for any floaters.

If we want to see the Reebok anywhere near full again this coming season we need attacking midfielders - wingers preferably

I reckon this season - with the bottom 3 unlikely because of the other clubs in the division - we should have a go rather than boring us into 16th place.

Balls to staying up, give me something to look forward to during the week at work, to cheer about at the match, and talk about in the pub afterwards.

Balls to staying up, give me something to look forward to during the week at work, to cheer about at the match, and talk about in the pub afterwards.

Another good post,dont sound like a clown to me.

Like the one about Diouf too,welcome to WWs. :good:

Creative midfield players - please someone convince me that Megson has ever signed one.

All the teams Megson has built and managed are solid outfits built around keeping clean sheets.

I am not having a dig at Megson here, I am just pointing out that expansive attacking football is not what our manager is about.

Before you get disappointment by the 'entertainment' on show this season, please take the next 3 weeks to get used to the idea of watching a solid, workmanship defensive unit next season - then you won't be disillusioned.

• Site Supporter
Jussi

McCann Muamba Nolan

Davies Elmander Taylor

No. McCann not quick enough. No one knows what Elmanders like.

• Site Supporter
aye the bottom group will probably be Hull, Stoke, WBA, Bolton, Wiggin, Flum and a surprise failure like every year

I think it's Everton's season to struggle. . . one decent season - one crap season. Sorry Pabbers.

No. McCann not quick enough. No one knows what Elmanders like.

Diouf is having a medical now which must mean that Riga is close to signing who seems a good player. Would rather have him and Diouf but never mind. If we also get Harper as well then our midfield looks as tho it has some good energy in it which was a prob last season.

Poss team:

Jussi

Steinsson, Cahill, O'Brien, Samuel

Nolan, Muamba, Harper

Riga, Davies, Elmander

Others: Al Habsi, Walker, Hunt, Gardner, Taylor, McCann, Cohen, Dzemaili, Vaz Te, Helgusson

Youngsters: Basham, Carlisle, Sinclair, Sissons, Woolfe, Harsanyi, Obadeyi

Plus: anyone else we will add in the next 5 weeks (the transfer market is only now starting to pick up!)

Everyone seems to be worried after our 1st two pre season games but they mean nothing. Both Rochdale + Mcc were a good week or 2 ahead in terms of fitness and prep. In the 1st game we played 2 different starting 11's and against Macc we played a bunch of youngsters and players who haven't really played over the past year i.e. Vaz Te, Cohen, Dzemaili, Walker. Plus in the 2 games played they were unfit and tying to play in 25 degree + temperatures which, particularly in friendlies always slows down the pace. There is still 3 weeks until the kick off and 5 weeks til the end of the window. If welet Meite and Diouf go I can't see Megson letting any more out. We could poss get Riga, Harper, another defender and a striker (poss on loan) then we'll be pretty much set. I'm not worried. If after the first 4 games and we have at most 3 points i might be at the moment i'm pretty calm

I think it's Everton's season to struggle. . . one decent season - one crap season. Sorry Pabbers.

If we don't get some bodies in soon, then we might struggle and finish about 9th!

Edited by Pablo

Diouf is having a medical now which must mean that Riga is close to signing who seems a good player. Would rather have him and Diouf but never mind. If we also get Harper as well then our midfield looks as tho it has some good energy in it which was a prob last season.

Poss team:

Jussi

Steinsson, Cahill, O'Brien, Samuel

Nolan, Muamba, Harper

Riga, Davies, Elmander

Others: Al Habsi, Walker, Hunt, Gardner, Taylor, McCann, Cohen, Dzemaili, Vaz Te, Helgusson

Youngsters: Basham, Carlisle, Sinclair, Sissons, Woolfe, Harsanyi, Obadeyi

Plus: anyone else we will add in the next 5 weeks (the transfer market is only now starting to pick up!)

Everyone seems to be worried after our 1st two pre season games but they mean nothing. Both Rochdale + Mcc were a good week or 2 ahead in terms of fitness and prep. In the 1st game we played 2 different starting 11's and against Macc we played a bunch of youngsters and players who haven't really played over the past year i.e. Vaz Te, Cohen, Dzemaili, Walker. Plus in the 2 games played they were unfit and tying to play in 25 degree + temperatures which, particularly in friendlies always slows down the pace. There is still 3 weeks until the kick off and 5 weeks til the end of the window. If welet Meite and Diouf go I can't see Megson letting any more out. We could poss get Riga, Harper, another defender and a striker (poss on loan) then we'll be pretty much set. I'm not worried. If after the first 4 games and we have at most 3 points i might be at the moment i'm pretty calm

It is the bench that worries me, if one of our first 11 get a long term injury we are going to struggle, with helgusson/diouf and meite looking like they are on there way we need more than the one player in (harper being the one we will get) we need a centre half, and some midfield flare, also 1 more striker, all this bollox about how much we have to spend looks like just that, we have brought in 16 million of talent and looks like diouf/meite/helguson will bring in 6-7 million that is a nett spend of only 10 million if that is all we spend then the club deserves to be in the relegation mix.

Some shite teams in the prem at the moment. If you don't stay up, then fcuk me your going have to play some shite football.

He's reet........for once

Edited by as

i'd take a 0-0 draw over a 4-3 defeat every single of the week.

entertainment my arse, points are what matters!

aye after a defeat i feel crap for the rest of the week regardless of how entertained i was for the 90mins.

14 scabby 1-0's to stay up will do me nicely

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.