Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Riga Signs

Excellent news! Its about time we had a new signing. This offsets the loss of Diouf a little bit. He seems to have a very good record both in Holland and in the Spanish League. He scored 26 goals in 68 games for Sparta (including 22 in one season!) and last season got into double figures for Levante who were a struggling team. He seems to have the right character as he went on playing for 9 months without payment (i very much doubt Diouf would do that!) George Boateng said the other day that he has all the attributes to be a success in this league as he is big, powerful, strong and quick. Exactly th kind of player we need. Now if we can get harper then we just need one striker + at least 1 CB and we should have a better season that the last one

Excellent news! Its about time we had a new signing. This offsets the loss of Diouf a little bit. He seems to have a very good record both in Holland and in the Spanish League. He scored 26 goals in 68 games for Sparta (including 22 in one season!) and last season got into double figures for Levante who were a struggling team. He seems to have the right character as he went on playing for 9 months without payment (i very much doubt Diouf would do that!) George Boateng said the other day that he has all the attributes to be a success in this league as he is big, powerful, strong and quick. Exactly th kind of player we need. Now if we can get harper then we just need one striker + at least 1 CB and we should have a better season that the last one

Which means 4 in the other season.

I can't pass judgement though as I have never seen him play. Let's just hope he's a player who can get into double figures with league goals and he will be a good aquisition.

Which means 4 in the other season.

I can't pass judgement though as I have never seen him play. Let's just hope he's a player who can get into double figures with league goals and he will be a good aquisition.

This is his career stats record. He has played regularly the past 6 seasons and in the last 5 has played at least 32 in each which shows he has good pdigree and doesn't get injured. His stats of 55 goals in 212 appearances is also pretty impressive. For a player who plays more on the right wing or attacking midfielder rather than a striker a 1 in 4 record in the top flight of the spanish league is pretty good. For a free transfer this has to be one of the best ones we've had in a while. He was also interesting Boro and West Brom so i'm glad we've got him. If we seel Diouf then we can use all that money to go on another player. Also i think Dioufs wage packet was much bigger than Riga will be getting

Well, I for one, am happy with our new way of signing players post Fattie's era!

Good shout NB,i was thinking that myself,he seems to have abit of pulling power does our Megson and i for one am looking forward to this season! :good:

a friend of a friend works as groundstaff at euxton. apparently he was on trial there last week and he really impressed. apparently he was soooo fast no one could get near him!!!!

So's Linford Christie. He's a shite footballer though!

• Moderators
a friend of a friend works as groundstaff at euxton. apparently he was on trial there last week and he really impressed. apparently he was soooo fast no one could get near him!!!!

ooooert, oooooert ooooooooorer

• Site Supporter

Diouf wanted out Megson targeted someone to replace him, the day Diouf is having a medical and prob will sign for the Mackems we have a replacement lined up, to me thats good planning hope this guy gives that attacking edge that Diouf was capable of when he wanted to do so. =D>

glad he has raw pace we have needed that for a long time, let us hope there is an end product.

So's Linford Christie. He's a shite footballer though!

the inference was that he was impressive as a footballer, not as an olympic 100metre sprinter. you knew exactly what i meant you're just being mischevious aren't you?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.