ex tsb boy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not seen goals on sunday

my first look last night it looked like it was obriens fault

not necessarily for losing his man, as such, but for allowing owen to be onside due to being too deep?

Perhaps so but Michael Owen despite all the injuries is perhaps far and away England best goal scorer so he'll make monkeys out of much 'better' centre half's than AOB

why?

he was past his best nearly 2 year ago..

Because I don't like a player who has achieved what he has for BWFC being slagged off by semi literate ingrates that's why. And before you say his best days are behind him, I don't agree. To blame Jussi for yesterday is bollox. There's loads on here who can't wait to slag him off. All subjective stuff like he's an ignorant so and so, he's messed the club about, big head etc. Always concentrating on errors, real or otherwise but never mentioning the positives. Some definitely have an agenda against our current No 1 and I don't think it's on.

Because I don't like a player who has achieved what he has for BWFC being slagged off by semi literate ingrates that's why. And before you say his best days are behind him, I don't agree. To blame Jussi for yesterday is bollox. There's loads on here who can't wait to slag him off. All subjective stuff like he's an ignorant so and so, he's messed the club about, big head etc. Always concentrating on errors, real or otherwise but never mentioning the positives. Some definitely have an agenda against our current No 1 and I don't think it's on.

I'd have Al habsi over jussi drop down on ya knees jaaskelaanen any day...

we should of f*cked that pre madonna off to the reserves when he thought something bigger and better was around the corner...he was willing to throw ten years of loyalty for a better pay day...some of you clowns forget that...

nothing subjective in the fact that he would never have got any where near the saves al habsi made at boro...jussi would of been on his knees watching the ball fly over his shoulder...

al habsi has been given a bum deal....

• Site Supporter
eh, is faye a better defender than aob???

Not in my eyes, completely different players. Faye plays better if front of the defence breaking stuff up. AOB is traditional blood and snot CB.

Fully agree.Having him in the side sums up the lowering of standards we have witnessed over the last 18 months.We had a team as negative as could be possible at Newcastle and the central defence still couldn't head out a routine high ball.

and when Faye could have been bought for only ?2.25 million a fortnight ago,it is due to poor management that we are fielding players of O'Briens standard, not being skint.I know it was that loser Lee who bought him(and it was that loser Perrin who signed him for Portsmouth),but Meggo has had a summer to sort it.

Roughly translates as:

I hate Gary Megson, and whatever happens I will blame him and I won't change my mind.

Personally I think if you want to criticise him for certain things, his signings certainly aren't one of them.

I don't like to read or hear people criticising Megson.

If people realistically think that BWFC can reach the dizzy heights that Big Sam achieved in such a short time, then they are in for some disappointment whoever the manager is.

• Site Supporter
If people realistically think that BWFC can reach the dizzy heights that Big Sam achieved in such a short time, then they are in for some disappointment whoever the manager is.

Agreed. It took Allardyce 3 seasons of survival fights before we stopped being bookies favourites for relegation.

Guest westmidswhite
Watched goals on Sunday this morning they pointed out it was good play from Owen rather than AOB losing his man.

AOB had stuck with owen only to find himself massivley behind the rest of the defense. Sao as he should do he pushed up.

Once he had done he wasn't just AOB's man and the rest of the defense should've covered Owen as well

It looked to me that AOB hesitated and didn't do anything and that allowed Owen to get in behind him - but this ball should have been punched to the half way line.

Both Yussi and Al Habsi are both good goalkeepers but Yussi has been letting us down when it counts and should have allowed to keep the jersey until he loses form.

The defeat was not just that goal though - we played well and up to the penalty miss we shaded the game and they did not look threatening. Unfortunately Nolan took it on himself to take the penalty but who else would have taken it with Taylor missing some recently. The annoying thing is the other chances we missed and again Nolan was the main culprit.

Why did he bring on Gardner is preference to Riga? and why only give the lad 3 mintues to try and salvage something - very disapointing.

I know we lost our main striker with the early injury but we dont have any back up and nobody else who can score regular goals.

At least the overall performance was good but Newcastle was there for the taking and its games like this we used to win.

We are much better than last season and we will be fine as long as confidence goes down - a win against the baggies should set us on our way. Two signings a striker and a midfield player with pace should be made because a couple of injuries and we will struggle.

PS thought the support was good on Saturday - kept the geordies in their place

Roughly translates as:

I hate Gary Megson, and whatever happens I will blame him and I won't change my mind.

Personally I think if you want to criticise him for certain things, his signings certainly aren't one of them.

I don't like to read or hear people criticising Megson.

I blame Roy Greaves and that silly beard that he's got.

The reason Jussi is playing is because he is the better keeper. That is the opinion of the coaching staff who work with the players every day, I for one agree with them.

We can argue all day who the better keeper is in the Jussi v Habsi debate. At the end of the day, the manager and the coaching staff believe that Jussi is the better keeper, and they do see both of them on a daily basis. Not only Megson, but Lee and Allardyce before him have also thought that Jussi was better then Al Habsi - so maybe he is :pardon:

we should of f*cked that pre madonna off to the reserves when he thought something bigger and better was around the corner...he was willing to throw ten years of loyalty for a better pay day...some of you clowns forget that...

nothing subjective in the fact that he would never have got any where near the saves al habsi made at boro...jussi would of been on his knees watching the ball fly over his shoulder...

And some of you clowns forget that Jussi has proved to be a great keeper over ten seasons. Plus my original point was that to blame him for Saturday is just wrong and that some on here are set against him no matter what he does now. I stand by that.

P.S. You don't KNOW how Jussi would have done, just your opinion. As I said, subjective. And I don't blame him for considering leaving either. I think after ten years he's entitled to think long and hard where he ends his career. Would you turn down more money in your job?

Jussi had offers, but us wasn't one of them because we wouldn't open contract negotiations when it looked as though we were going down. As soon as we stayed up, he'd signed within weeks. Besides if you think that Al Habsi wouldn't have listened to what other clubs had to say then you're living in a dream world.

There is no loyalty in football, so why should Jussi show us any? If Al Habsi was better than Jussi (and he isn't) then we'd have had no problem chucking the Finn out on his arse, 10 years of service or no 10 years. It works both ways.

And yes it's complete subjection to say he wouldn't have got near that shot at Boro, he's done it plenty of times in the past.

Al Habsi is a decent prospect, but he's shockingly overrated by some. I bet there are people who think that every goal we concede Ali would've saved.

It's totally beyond me why our longest serving player and the player who cares most about this club get so much shit, regardless of what they do.

Edited by Tombwfc

Well it must be subjective then, but I think my encounters have been in very different environments to your meetings.

Happen he knows women know feck all about football so doesn't waste his time talking to them

=@

Happen he knows women know feck all about football so doesn't waste his time talking to them

=@

Nice try BUT I rarely speak to footballers about football. I leave that to middle aged blokes who get all star struck when they see a football player & I hear some even pay money just to dine in the same room as them.

Jussi had offers, but us wasn't one of them because we wouldn't open contract negotiations when it looked as though we were going down. As soon as we stayed up, he'd signed within weeks. Besides if you think that Al Habsi wouldn't have listened to what other clubs had to say then you're living in a dream world.

There is no loyalty in football, so why should Jussi show us any? If Al Habsi was better than Jussi (and he isn't) then we'd have had no problem chucking the Finn out on his arse, 10 years of service or no 10 years. It works both ways.

And yes it's complete subjection to say he wouldn't have got near that shot at Boro, he's done it plenty of times in the past.

Al Habsi is a decent prospect, but he's shockingly overrated by some. I bet there are people who think that every goal we concede Ali would've saved.

It's totally beyond me why our longest serving player and the player who cares most about this club get so much shit, regardless of what they do.

who is the player who cares most about this club?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.