Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Res 3 Newc Res 0

jonathan

Vaz Te scored 1 and created another as we beat them 3-0. Seemed to have a lively and confident game as he also had a few other efforts including a spectacular overhead kick. He has always promised much but failed to deliver, hopefully he will push on this season and play more games as he is someone with pace and skill that we need at the moment

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1395902,00.html

It wasn't that good of a game. Newcastle had mostly U18s playing.

Bolton first teamers who played or potential first teamers.

Nicky Hunt - not really interested - unlikely to force his way back in on that showing.

Zoltan Harsanyi - Not really a footballer. A bit dopey.

Vaz Te - Did OK - looked to have good pace. May get a place on the bench.

Fojut - Did Ok but not much to do.

The rest were younger players who were decent enough but no-one stood out.

There was a lad called Javelin or something up front who had the touch of a donkey, but scored a goal.

Interesting to watch for a change but it maybe shows there isn't much outside the first team.

Vaz Te scored 1 and created another as we beat them 3-0. Seemed to have a lively and confident game as he also had a few other efforts including a spectacular overhead kick. He has always promised much but failed to deliver, hopefully he will push on this season and play more games as he is someone with pace and skill that we need at the moment

yes great, but so what. Reserves mean nothing

Welcome back mate. Aint heard from you in a while. While save me having to go on Newsnow, now ure back! :yahoo:

The horwich wonder kid didnt start

Cork out

They had Sinclair at Nr 3 and he looked fairly lively. The Horwich lad may have to work hard to get in the team.

May not suit Mr Cork as the lad is probably a bit too cultured for his brand of football.

He did play 442 though.

• Moderators
They had Sinclair at Nr 3 and he looked fairly lively. The Horwich lad may have to work hard to get in the team.

May not suit Mr Cork as the lad is probably a bit too cultured for his brand of football.

He did play 442 though.

Cork out

Long ball shit

Now I am probably Vaz Te's biggest critic but last night he had a magnificent game. He scored two goals and his second would win any goal of the month competition. He picked the ball up on or about the half way line and outpaced the Newcastle defenders leaving him with a one on one with the Newcastle keeper and cooly slotted it past him. He never fell over, in fact the only times he was on the ground were when the Toon players put him there. Another plus was we played with two up front and supporting midfielders. There were numerous shots on target or just wide. The fourth official was a woman and unfortunately neither the ref or linesmen suffered an injury so that she could come on. However she held the board up competently at substitutions and for indicating time added on. I came away from the game feeling I had been well entertained, something I haven't done at a first team game for a while. Megson out and replace him with Cork.

Hunt won't play in the reserves much, so Sinclair will revert to right back, leaving the left back position for Matt Carlisle.

Good performances all round last night and especially from Vaz Te.

i was away on holiday when we got that polish lad in and was told vaz te had gone the other way as part of that deal.

obviously bolx or did they send him back?

surely vaz te is either gonna do something very very soon or go for good.

Was also at game last night but left at half time

Agree with Biff it was a shame the 4th official couldnt get on but it may be worth watching the reserves more regularly if she is the 4th official all the time

Thought Hunt played ok from what i saw and actually think he is a better defender than Steinsson (though les competent going forward) but thats just my opinion

Vaz Te was ok from first half but clearly a long way off first team level at the moment - won a fair few flick ons with his great big afro though

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.