Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Davies And His Goals

Zico

We must keep Davies up top and central as he is virtually unplayable in that role, if we can start to play 4-4-2 more often we will create more chances and begin to climb the table.

Sounds good to me... in fact as we have a complete lack of creativity/talent in central midfield I'd maybe go one further than that at home against all those teams we consider as relegation rivals and play 4-2-4 :) put Riga, Smolarek or Gardner in advanced roles as genuine wingers and ask them to work there socks off and still have 2 central strikers.

A huge well done to Davies hope he keeps this up, so far his finishing with his head has been very surprising to me!

• Site Supporter

Take a look at the fancy-dan type of forward (Anelka for example) When was the last time you saw him in a defensive role? Davies, more than any other Prem player, gives a lot more to his team than just being a centre forward.

• Moderators

those who want him out because he doesn't score enough will now apologise

those who think his presence causes us to boot it long won't really have changed their opinion

fwiw, i like davies, but i wonder where hes going to play

elmander WILL play

if we play 4-3-3, then davies has to play wider, where hes less effective

4-4-2, then he picks himself, but do we have the midfielders to do it - i think thats why he signed muamba, but hes got some convincing to do

• Members
Don't get me started, if we'd had him against Portugal in Euro 2004.................

Too late now

...and I was at Germany 2006 wondering why the best target man in the country was not playing alongside Rooney. The most under rated player around. Muzzle disagrees sFun_banghead.gif

Davies played a lot of yesterdays game wide right, and every goal he's scored this season has come from a set piece, so the position he's played has had nothing to do with his goal tally.

Not that I'm being critical, I'm a massive fan of his.

And he can be surprisingly effective out wide - good pace & good crossing. As long as we have at least one scorer in the middle, & preferably at least one backing up from midfield.

• Site Supporter

still cant see megson ever starting with 442, but its certainly an option when chasing a game.

you can see the confidence in davies is already higher than last year, he actually went past a couple of players when on the wing against arsenal.

keep it up lad!

• Moderators
still cant see megson ever starting with 442, but its certainly an option when chasing a game.

you can see the confidence in davies is already higher than last year, he actually went past a couple of players when on the wing against arsenal.

keep it up lad!

he was doing that a fair but at the end of last season, showed some good pace

can't remember which games

but he was

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.