Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rate Megson As A Manager

Zozzy

Don't make this into another 'Smegson is a tosser' thread.

It would be interesting if fans just thought about how good of a manager Megson really is in their view, taking into account motivating players , tactics, players he wants in etc. and simply give him a score of how you rate him out of 100. Also take into account what potential he has of moving us forward and shaping a team in the future, not just past results.

In 2 years time when we are in a Uefa Cup position just before christmas 2010 we can look back at this page to see how many points we gave him, and give a new score.

Be as honest as you can and keep comments down to a minimum.

Anyone who puts 0 or 100 can be classed as not putting a serious answer.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i,m going to give him 20/100, only because of the signings he as made, i think they have been good signings, his tactics are negative, blah,blah,blah.

p.s

and as for megson keeping up last season, i still think it was because of the fans getting behind the team in the last few games

and the players getting motivated by it.

Edited by STAN

50/100, Just think -just 12 months ago fans were chanting "Ginger Mourinho" in the Allianz Arena after drawing 2-2 with the mighty Bayern Munich. He kept us up against all odds last season, and on the whole his signings have been decent.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

40/100

Good solid signings - though if Muamba, Elmander and Taylor don't come good soon that aspect will suffer. Could be argued he's not bought what we actually need - creativity / pace.

Stable team selections, patience with players - a good thing

We are quite tight defensively

Speaks common sense generally and HAS had some bad luck

BUT

Negative selections especially at home

Negative tactics and formations, again especially in the vital home games

Baffling (non-)use of substitutes, appears to be overly cautious

Overall his record in the premiership speaks for itself. Doesn't seem to have what it takes. He's had plenty of games and his win record is abysmal.

Id say bout 50/100,his signings were good and i still think Elmander will come good,also for some reason whenever we get a result i think we can really push on but we never do!

On a different note is Zozzy Megsons love child,cause he sure does have a place in his heart for him! :good:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.