Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Phill Brown.

Phil brown would manage us tomorrow, if given the chance dont forget this club, was the biggest club he had played for.

and if the romours are true he was given the green light, to apply for a manager job which didnt come off and was take back ,when that poistion was earmarked for someone else, plus lets take him agaist megson this season against the four top clubs ,i bet brownie is way out in front.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difference though between dropping league positions and dropping size of club, IMO i think Hull are (or soon will be) a bigger club than us.Harry Went to a far bigger club albeit a lot lower down the league one

You know very little if you ever think Hull will ever be bigger than BWFC, they have no history of success, no history of large support, you must be very young and inexperienced to have that viewpoint(obviously never went to the hull match on the friday night when we filled 2 sides of ther ground), very good chance that Hull will be a flash in the pan, never to return to the premier league.

• Moderators

at the end of the day

they'll probably stay up

let's see how they do next season

and the one after that

and after that etc

George Burley found himself in a similar position with Ipswich not too long ago

been sacked a few times since

You know very little if you ever think Hull will ever be bigger than BWFC, they have no history of success, no history of large support, you must be very young and inexperienced to have that viewpoint(obviously never went to the hull match on the friday night when we filled 2 sides of ther ground), very good chance that Hull will be a flash in the pan, never to return to the premier league.

History is exactly that.

It's nice to have, but it didn't keep our crowds about the 3000 mark, or stop us dropping into the fourth division.

Hull's potential is huge, and I agree there's every chance they could be another Barnsley.

On the other hand, they could very easily be another Bolton.

Their crowds have been good in recent years, averaging over 18000 over the last five seasons - all the more impressive given that they played in all the divisions outside the top flight during that time.

I'm pretty sure we'd be nowhere near that kind of figure.

History is exactly that.

It's nice to have, but it didn't keep our crowds about the 3000 mark, or stop us dropping into the fourth division.

Hull's potential is huge, and I agree there's every chance they could be another Barnsley.

On the other hand, they could very easily be another Bolton.

Their crowds have been good in recent years, averaging over 18000 over the last five seasons - all the more impressive given that they played in all the divisions outside the top flight during that time.

I'm pretty sure we'd be nowhere near that kind of figure.

Large potential yes, huge no.

Probably not helped by having as many Leeds fans in Hull as Hull fans though

Its alright to sit here and say get behind the lads tomorrow and yes that is my first objective!

but lets say after weve had 10 pints and they are playing sh1te, negative and our gaffa tends to be doing little you could understand crowd frustration couldnt you???

Mounts you are completly missing the point, yes we have a far bigger history, But they have potentially a far bigger fanbase due to there huge catchment area, Hence the investment by the chairman and the proposed extension of the stadium should they stay up, it woulnt surprise me (if they stayed up) that they were gettin 35k a game. in a couple of years

But yes, It could also go tits up though!

As for the Hull away all those years ago, no i didnt go was only about 7!!

Danny G, ...Young inexperienced Trotter

Its alright to sit here and say get behind the lads tomorrow and yes that is my first objective!

but lets say after weve had 10 pints and they are playing sh1te, negative and our gaffa tends to be doing little you could understand crowd frustration couldnt you???

Fu I disagree with your point of view

• Site Supporter
Hull's nearest premier League opposition is how far away?

Ours is on our doorstep.

And....................our support is shite..FULL STOP.

7000 season ticket holders , don't all of a sudden defect to O.T or SCOUSERS.

victor meldrew back on his soap box...................

Difference though between dropping league positions and dropping size of club, IMO i think Hull are (or soon will be) a bigger club than us.

Harry Went to a far bigger club albeit a lot lower down the league one

Hull would take about 50 or so years of being in a higher league and win a few troohies to be a bigger club than Bolton.

Guest westmidswhite
the team yes the manager no ,one freak result and he is god

Agree - if though we play attacking football with spirit and tactics which make sense then thats the only way we should get off his back

Love to see any manager doing well for us but I just cant see this joker doing it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.