Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Minute's Silence

Carlos

To be fair they guys singing when they entered the ground they didnt know about the 1 min silence. Why didint the stewards on the gate and on under the stand tell them as they walked in.

disgrace if some fans were singing knowin it was a min silence then they need sending to iraq and shown what it was like for the service men who have gave up there lives for future generations

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was really annoyed that the minutes silence wasn't observed as it should have been but all the noise was coming from people at the bar or still coming in. That is apart from someone/some people starting to sing right at the end of the minute - disgracefull. Whoever they are should be ashamed of themselves. To not respect the many sacrifices people have made is totally unacceptable. I'm proud that our team all signed up together and fought togeteher in WW2 and for some people not show their respect for them and all the other people who fought and died is a poor reflection on ourselves.

"Harry Goslin was one of the finest types professional football breeds. Not only in the personal sense, but for the club's sake, and the game's sake. I regret his life has had to be sacrificed in the cause of war." Bolton Evening News

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/BOLTONcgoslin.htm

there was a couple of lads who broke the silence right at the end of the 1 minute, you cannot excuse them in any way shape or form, low life shit who do not deserve the freedom that was won by the brave men and women of the forces.

p.s.I aint to happy with those in the bar area who did not observe the silence either, much to important getting another pint down there fat necks.

Guest squidgy66
For me minute silences should have been stopped years ago and the minuets applause should be used, this would stop the not right's who choose to sing, boo etc... while everyone else is being respectful.

If you are celebrating someones life yes, but death due to war is different. I think a few moments contemplation is far more thought provoking.

Edited by squidgy66

few of my mates were late into the ground and they didnt have a clue it was a minutes silence not that they were singing anyway, no tannoy annoucements, plod and stewards said nowt as they were coming in. an unfortunate incident.nothing malicious about it.

Edited by YW

Thanks to my crap navigational skills we got there a couple of minutes after the kick-off and came in obviously after the minutes silence. There seemed to be quite a few in the same situation, and whilst I can say for sure (as I wasn't there!) it wouldn't surprise me if the suggestion that it was just people arriving late was correct.

Hope so anyway.

The BBC must have some ragging top quality microphones or actually have mics under the stand because it was crystal clear on't radio.

no one's debating whether chanting was done but the issue was the people that did it whoever they were wouldnt of had a clue it was a minutes silence as they were coming in late, not excusing the idiots who chanted just as the silence ended.

Guest squidgy66

Not being funny like, but why did the fans around them not have a word? (admittedly they would be breaking the silence themselves, but to a good cause)

Had a text though from someone there saying it was people coming in through the turnstiles late in the concourse who had no idea the silence was happening.

Yes a group of lads came through turnstyle. They were pumped up as a Bolton fan had tried bullying one of the lads for his match ticket outside thinking he was on his own, then the others showed up and it kicked off abit!!

Didnt sound good though!!

It definitely wasn't deliberate, just unfortunate. The silence started and was observed impeccably by those at their seats, as you would expect. But there was still the sound of people talking on the concourse who obviously didn't realise what was going on. Then right near the end someone just coming onto the concourse shouted 'White Army' and that was that. Boos and shushes made it worse.

No need to be ashamed to be a Bolton fan Carlos, there was nothing malicious in it although it did upset me at the time. Unfortunatley the internet can be used to spread all kinds of nonsense but it would be a shame if anything was made of it. No one likes us though so wouldn't surprise me. Remember when our 'Feeeeesh' chants were used by the Daily Mail to brand us all racists?

It certainly did not spoil the day for me though, great support, great result!

there was noise from concourse which is understandable.

but there were some knodheads who shouted 'white army' who were in the ground in their seats.

ragging disgrace.

Seconded

The bloke who shouted 'white army' was in the stand itself, it could be clearly heard and not some noise from the concourse.

Tw?t of the highest order

It was the weekend of Rememberance Sunday, when all football matches have a minutes' silence so do folk really need a steward or policeman to tell them?

It definitely wasn't deliberate, just unfortunate. The silence started and was observed impeccably by those at their seats, as you would expect. But there was still the sound of people talking on the concourse who obviously didn't realise what was going on. Then right near the end someone just coming onto the concourse shouted 'White Army' and that was that. Boos and shushes made it worse.

No need to be ashamed to be a Bolton fan Carlos, there was nothing malicious in it although it did upset me at the time. Unfortunatley the internet can be used to spread all kinds of nonsense but it would be a shame if anything was made of it. No one likes us though so wouldn't surprise me. Remember when our 'Feeeeesh' chants were used by the Daily Mail to brand us all racists?

It certainly did not spoil the day for me though, great support, great result!

On the wireless you could hear a couple of voices start to shout 'white army', it was clear as day and very loud. Now, the ground was obviously in silence at that point. So what did these people actually think was going on?

I can't judge what happened, I wasn't there... but to the thousands, maybe even millions worldwide (was on BBC R5) of listeners who doesn't read WWays it just sounded terrible. Real shame.

Whoever was singing White Army during the minute's silence, I hope you die.

Can think of plenty of people who deserve to die, but those ain't some of them

Got through the turnstile at 2.55pm and most of the fans outside were chanting

Went to my seat and paid my respects during the minutes silence but can understand why some missed it, especially considering how much ale was supped yesterday

Suppose thats the power of the internet, everyone has an opinion, free speech, etc even those who weren't there. Gives the BWFC knockers some more ammunition. Our fans were great yesterday, vocal and supportive

p.s.I aint to happy with those in the bar area who did not observe the silence either, much to important getting another pint down there fat necks.

i was in the bar area till maybe 20 past 3 and knew nothing of any minutes silence, why would i?

and yeah after our breakdown delay it was fairly important for me to get another pint down my fat neck..

On the wireless you could hear a couple of voices start to shout 'white army', it was clear as day and very loud. Now, the ground was obviously in silence at that point. So what did these people actually think was going on?

I can't judge what happened, I wasn't there... but to the thousands, maybe even millions worldwide (was on BBC R5) of listeners who doesn't read WWays it just sounded terrible. Real shame.

You are right you weren't there. Whatever you heard on the radio, the ground was not in complete silence. You could hear the talking going on near the bar and on the concourse. These people did not realise the silence had started and as the 'White Army' shout came from right at the back I'm giving this bloke the benefit of the doubt. It may have sounded terrible on the radio but honestly there were Wanderers fans who simply could not hear or see that the silence had started. If some mongtard had done it deliberately, believe me I would be absolutley livid.

The BBC must have some ragging top quality microphones or actually have mics under the stand because it was crystal clear on't radio.

It was loud and clear. I was about 10 rows from the front and to me it sounded like it definitely came from within our section at the back. If it did come from the concourse then I guess they have some excuse.

Still think latecomers should have been told about it as they arrived by the stewards or police.

there was a couple of lads who broke the silence right at the end of the 1 minute, you cannot excuse them in any way shape or form, low life shit who do not deserve the freedom that was won by the brave men and women of the forces.

Well said mounts.

few of my mates were late into the ground and they didnt have a clue it was a minutes silence not that they were singing anyway, no tannoy annoucements, plod and stewards said nowt as they were coming in. an unfortunate incident.nothing malicious about it.

thought you only got in about then too?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.