Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson Out

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Liverpool won 1 of the 6 league games at Bolton while Allardyce was managing.

Liverpool have won 2 of the 2 league games at Bolton while Megson has been managing.

Perhaps the difference was that Allardyce tried to beat them whereas Megson is happy to try and stop them scoring?

George - I was thinking exactly the same whilst watching the game. ''Just think, under Allardyce I would have expectations of winning this game and now I'll be happy with a low scoring defeat"

Unimaginative and uninspiring.

Wheres the rose tinted glasses some folk were waring last week, to negative, does ,nt have a clue what his best side is,even keays and dublin on sky said we were to negative from the start. bet theres still people who will defend him though get rid enough is enough.

:lazy:

• Moderators
George - I was thinking exactly the same whilst watching the game. ''Just think, under Allardyce I would have expectations of winning this game and now I'll be happy with a low scoring defeat"

Unimaginative and uninspiring.

so why did we get hammered numerous times v united?

specially as the quality of player we had under allardyce was better than we have now

I know we werent expected to win, but surely at 2 nil down, given the way we were playing, you should be bringing some attacking options on, bringing smolarek on on 85 mins isnt going to cause an impact....

Stiles was poor and let us down again, but at least ricky put a good shift in. hes never been a natural finisher, but at least he shows heart.....

Megson out, I dont know, he needs to pick a formation such as 442 and stick to it in my opinion. I dont think he is the man for the job, but he did the job we needed last season by keeping us in the league...

Long term solution, get browny in....

JUST MY OPINION - YOU ARE WELCOME TO SLATE IT...

Edited by gaz_jones

I don't think Megson got too much wrong today, personally.

The Elmander/Gardner selection issue is the most debatable, I suppose.

Muamba was sacrificed for a man marking job on arguably the best central midfielder in the country. Steven Gerrard can destroy teams better than us single handedly. It might seem a negative tactic, but it was done to ensure we weren't 3 down before half time. As a result, Gerrard had little/no influence on the first half hour, then we conceded a soft goal: a free header: a very well placed header, but still a free header.

The second goal was a soft one too: AOB had 3 opportunities to get rid, but failed.

• Members
so why did we get hammered numerous times v united?

We also had some of our most memorable wins against the filthy f?ckers under Allardyce, unless my memory is failing me. I suppose once you have the pro Megson blinkers on it is easier to remember BSA's bad results? =@

Remember one thing, my skippy whistling friend, you would never have had the opportunity to whistle that tune to me in Sofia, Skopje and Prague if it wasn't for Sam ;)

Guest The Special One

megson got found out today

just proves city and hull were flukes

my scouse mate rang me as the second half kicked off and couldn't believe muamba was off leaving gerrard with a free role, which he clearly dominated the 2nd half after being nowhere in the first

megson out

Lets blame Megson for everything should we,for fcks sake give the bloke a chance & stop all this negative posting!

I have not got a problem with megson , he is probably a decent bloke. The bottom line is that he should not have got the job in the first place, when bsa left gartside should have trawled the world looking for the right man, with the chairmans contacts in the fa and boltons standing in the premier league we would have found that person. we all know it was down to finance and he went for the cheaper option, but its not worked, megson deserves praise for keeping us up, but thats where mistake number two was made, he had to be sacked in the summer. pg had the chance to put it right seventeen months ago and he has the chance now, do it before its to late.

We also had some of our most memorable wins against the filthy f?ckers under Allardyce, unless my memory is failing me. I suppose once you have the pro Megson blinkers on it is easier to remember BSA's bad results? =@

Remember one thing, my skippy whistling friend, you would never have had the opportunity to whistle that tune to me in Sofia, Skopje and Prague if it wasn't for Sam ;)

not starting with ricky was wrong everyone knows that

i think the problem megson has is thta he finds it hard to drop his own signings after making such a big deal of getting his own players in.

if we play 4 4 2 we play the team from second half yesterday so no muamba

if we play 4 5 1 no place for elmander.

elmander i think will come good but he aint going to do it playing left side of midfield against one of the best teams in europe.

a lot of good things from yesterdays game includig the fact we have a plan b, but people defending megson but ignoring the bollosk he dropped are blinkered.

equally the other slating him when he did change things and the team certainly started second half as though his words had made a difference are just as bad.

basically you are a bunch of dickheads :drinks: :good: :roll:

I don't think Megson got too much wrong today, personally.

I agree, apart from maybe play Gardner from the start like you said - and maybe bring Smolarek on earlier.

I reckon a few folk are warming to Megson, and it would be interesting to see a poll on here along the lines of -

a, Megson - Get behind him, get off his back

b, Hate him,hound him out.

It would be option a for me, but i'm too thick to put a poll on here <_<

I agree, apart from maybe play Gardner from the start like you said - and maybe bring Smolarek on earlier.

I reckon a few folk are warming to Megson, and it would be interesting to see a poll on here along the lines of -

a, Megson - Get behind him, get off his back

b, Hate him,hound him out.

It would be option a for me, but i'm too thick to put a poll on here <_<

Being of a certain age and IT unfriendly doesn't neccessarily mean you are a thicko

we were the home team in a game we are very unlikely to win,i would rather have a right go and lose 3-0 than play not to lose for 45 mins and still lose 2-0 the managers safety first defensive mindset is one of the reasons many people don't go anymore,games against the big four should be traeted like cup ties we have nothing to lose. I cannot recall any of the famous cup upsets being built on playing safety first football.

Ps i think we will pick up 4 points from our next 2 games

I don't understand how people can knock Megson today. OK we lost but for me today was one of our better displays this season. I too was disappointed when I heard the team that Gardner was not playing. The thing is we were not out played in the first half. At half time, Megson saw this and put Gardner on to give us more width and speed on the left and it nearly came off. Perhaps Gardner was a bit naive in not going to ground after beating Reina and claiming a penalty.

Thought we were well outplayed first half, they should have been 3-1 up. Second half gardner changed it somewhat but we are still so predictable in the last third. Elmander looks like a ?10 million pounds worth of donkey to me at the moment.

megson got found out today

just proves city and hull were flukes

my scouse mate rang me as the second half kicked off and couldn't believe muamba was off leaving gerrard with a free role, which he clearly dominated the 2nd half after being nowhere in the first

megson out

That's quite interesting J, because most are slagging him for marking Gerrard like that.

without reading any replies, i suggest you fcuk off.

megson did nothing wrong today.

thanks.

Now you know me i love our club and everthing

about it butwhy did he not play 4-4-2 and start

with Gardner :angry: We would have won imo.

Very bad decision.

Yes we lost to Liverpool and playing as we did in the second half

we would have beaten a lesser side but 4-5-1 at home :nea:

Guest The Special One
we were the home team in a game we are very unlikely to win,i would rather have a right go and lose 3-0 than play not to lose for 45 mins and still lose 2-0 the managers safety first defensive mindset is one of the reasons many people don't go anymore,games against the big four should be traeted like cup ties we have nothing to lose. I cannot recall any of the famous cup upsets being built on playing safety first football.

Ps i think we will pick up 4 points from our next 2 games

why were we unlikely to win???

at the end of the day, its 11v11, both teams have internationals and we had home advantage so therefore the very least you should expect is a draw

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.