Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Yesterday Gate

M G WHITES

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it looked decent taking into consideration Christmas. It looked like a normal attendance for us, North stand almost full, West stand with empty bits in the corners, and the south stand lower was almost full which it isn't usually. Like boltondiver said, without the 3000 in the away end then the attendance is bound to look poor.

I've said this before but in my opinion the smoking ban has affected crowds all over the country, I can't sit through a game without a cig, I still love Bolton but I watch local football and smoke about 12 every game. I reckon there are a couple thousand people like me, missing from grounds everywhere.

Lowest ever at the Reebok for a Prem match? :unknw:

Was under 20,000,were was everybody :angry: :angry:

Quite a few 17k and 18k crowds last season!

Villa 18,413

Boro 17,624

Birmingham 19,111

Derby 17,014

Blackburn 18,315

Fulham 17,732

Pompey 18,544

7 crowds under 20,000 last season!

• Members
I've said this before but in my opinion the smoking ban has affected crowds all over the country, I can't sit through a game without a cig, I still love Bolton but I watch local football and smoke about 12 every game. I reckon there are a couple thousand people like me, missing from grounds everywhere.

Aye, pushing up the daisies.

Bollox. When will people stop blaming the smoking ban? I can now enjoy a pint without choking and spluttering on other peoples smoke. And my clothes don't stink of shitty smoke after five minutes in the pub. I don't mind people smoking as long as it doesn't stop me from breathing.

i pity you if you can't last 90 mins without a smoke i really do.

We have always had piss poor support. Nothing changes.

3 or 4 years ago we were getting an average of 24 to 25 thousand home fans every game but eventually

the prices forced them out as they were not getting value for money. They have since reduced the prices a little and have atleast tried with the free away travel , 15 pound matches, fanzone etc but watching football is a routine and people have now lost the habit and most would rather watch the game in the pub. The credit crunch doesnt help, i wouldnt mind going against Wigan but the prices really make you think twice.

3 or 4 years ago we were getting an average of 24 to 25 thousand home fans every game but eventually

the prices forced them out as they were not getting value for money. They have since reduced the prices a little and have atleast tried with the free away travel , 15 pound matches, fanzone etc but watching football is a routine and people have now lost the habit and most would rather watch the game in the pub. The credit crunch doesnt help, i wouldnt mind going against Wigan but the prices really make you think twice.

An open question to all but what in your opinion is a reasonable price for a prem ticket?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.