Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Credit Crunch

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How?

Raise VAT back to 17.5%, immediatly plonk billions it will generate into construction, tell the corpy planners to fuck off on bad back leave for a bit but leave the 'APPROVED' stamp on the front desk. I'd also stop paying the bone idle and immigrants to sit at home, let the fuckers starve. That would generate a bit too.

When?

Within 3 months.

Disagree with that one.

Whilst they deserve every penny they get and more, are they any more deserving than a nurse for example.

A couple of tours where you can spend next to nowt, and a good few years in army accomodation means they should have a decent wedge saved up.

Unless you're Maggie Tait and you spend ?300 a day suppin ale when you're home :D .

What I would do is lend someone the 20% deposit and retain 20% ownership of that property until it was sold on the proviso that any defecit is repaid.

Over a lifetime it would be a better investment than plonking it in the Post Office.

I actually meant that by lending the 25% deposit, that the govt would own 25% of the equity too, until it was paid off.

How?

Raise VAT back to 17.5%, immediatly plonk billions it will generate into construction, tell the corpy planners to fuck off on bad back leave for a bit but leave the 'APPROVED' stamp on the front desk. I'd also stop paying the bone idle and immigrants to sit at home, let the fuckers starve. That would generate a bit too.

When?

Within 3 months.

I agree with that one. Trouble is, apart from housing it would take a while to actually start building things with the design etc. Mind you there are a lot of sites that have just shut down after putting in the footings.

The country is just too soft with wasters nowadays. Just look at some of the scrotes wandering around town during the day. Not a days work in them.

The government fucked up the car industry by putting too much tax on company cars and then offering incentives for companies to give their employees money to buy their own car. What a surprise when most buy a second hand car. Scrap company car tax and watch people start to go back to company cars. Therefore a rush on new cars.

Disagree with that one.

Whilst they deserve every penny they get and more, are they any more deserving than a nurse for example.

A couple of tours where you can spend next to nowt, and a good few years in army accomodation means they should have a decent wedge saved up.

Unless you're Maggie Tait and you spend ?300 a day suppin ale when you're home :D .

What I would do is lend someone the 20% deposit and retain 20% ownership of that property until it was sold on the proviso that any defecit is repaid.

Over a lifetime it would be a better investment than plonking it in the Post Office.

Miller Homes do a scheme just like that. You pay 75% of the list price i.e. no deposit necessary. After 10 years you have to pay the 25% back. You can do this by paying them the original 25% before the 10 years is due, sell the property and give them 25% of the proceeds, or if the market has picked up sufficiently by then you can remortgage before th 10 years is up and pay them the original 25% back.

You don't pay interest or any monthly rent on the 25% either. The scheme is called MiWay.

Found an article (below) that puts the scale of the Credit Crisis into some perspective.

For instance the USA as just agreed a $787bn (or just over three-quarters of a trillion if you prefer) package of help.

A lot of money I'm sure you agree but think of it this way it is the equivalent of spending $1m a day EVERY day starting from the birth of Christ and going on through the present day!!!

Another example - our Government has guaranteed the banks to the sum of at least a trillion pounds - a huge amount - but you can better comprehend it by this explanation - if the Government gave the banks a pound per second it would take them 11 days to give them a million, 32 years to give them a billion and an incredible 32,000 years to give them the trillion that they have!

32,000 years at a pound per second!!!

The rest of the article here -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from...ent/7914572.stm

Edited by Sluffy

Disagree with that one.

Unless you're Maggie Tait and you spend ?300 a day suppin ale when you're home

'Tis a great job if your commitments are minimal, no two ways about that. I could've spent ?600 a day on ale that fortnight off and my bank balance wouldn't have noticed. Me and our Maud are in a very very lucky position that when I get back I'll have probably three months off and we can go on, broadly speaking, any holiday we want without really having to consider finances. Very fortunate, but I'd like to think I've earnt it.

Anyroad, the bods at the bottom of the pile deserve more whereas the top brass get obscene sums spent on them. Generals on 130k a year to begin with, plus a vast free house with three housekeepers, hangers on, elaborate office space, vehicles etc. Far, far too many of them. We've got more Generals than we've got Divisions, more Admirals than we've got ships. Don't even get me started on procurement and defence contracts. I'll tell you this, they could spend money properly and efficiently and double my Lance Corporal's wage, plus that of all those with rank below mine and up as far as about three above, plus every nurse in the land, and still have enough to drop fags and ale to buttons, if they f?cked all the non-jobs off and streamlined the top brass.

There's a book about military misspending called 'Summat or Other' by an ex Naval officer called 'Wotshisface.' Very wittily written, you should peruse.

Aye but scientists have just announced the discovery of an asteroid type thingy that has a 35% chance of hitting us in 2012. Puts it all into perspective :blink:

see

http://tinyurl.com/ad3sby

:blink:

You sure you posted the right link - Ferret?s playtime squeeze???

Only thing I could find on Google about an asteroid hitting us in 2012 was this -

Comets (small ones) hit "Earth" all the time. They evaporate when they hit the atmosphere. (This is different from meteors, which are small pieces of rock burning up as they enter the atmosphere).

Comets are very loose assemblage of rocks and ice. They are not as solid as asteroids (which can be a single piece of rock, therefore more solid).

Comets are likely to break up in many pieces as soon as they enter the upper atmosphere. It is very rare that a piece of comet makes it all the way to the ground. For asteroids, it is a bit less rare (there was one that fell in western Canada a few weeks ago).

2012 is a special case: charlatans have a book for sale on how to survive the end of the world. They can't get your money unless they scare you. Therefore, they have started all kinds of scary rumors about 2012. All of them are false. But they did manage to create a few fake documentaries (designed to look real) that are shown on the Hysteric Channel and on YouTube.

Anything that is big enough to hurt us very bad (asteroids and comets) is tracked. There is an international system to calculate how much risk there is of something hitting us. There is nothing "scheduled" for 2012.

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/risk/

the important column is the last one (Torino scale -- named after the city where the international meeting took place to determine the system). We begin to get nervous when the number is above 4.

As you can see on that table, there is nothing before the year 2048 and even then, the level is 1. Over a period of 10 years, an asteroid with the unpoetic name of "2007 VK184" will pass four times close to us. Over this whole period, there is only one chance in 3,000 of a collision (or, if you prefer, there are 2,999 chances out of 3,000 that it misses us completely).

As time goes on, we will get more and more observations of this asteroid and will be able to calculate a better orbit. So far, every time we've done this, the scale value has gone down to 0.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...11010142AAb2wgN

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.