Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kevin Nolan!

LHBWFC

Nolan didn't play well, but an out of form Nolan is comfortably still our best midfielder. It was madness that he was taken off.

Elmander was shit for the first half, but i thought he looked class more often than not in the second.

Smolarek must have been pissed off seeing Obadeyi come on though. I'd like to see him given a go next week, give Davies a rest.

Nolan should have been took off mate. He was terrible today

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consistency is a real problem as some of our players have fantastic games one week and a few weeks later are bobbins. All are hard working but very few produce every week.

Nolan has more bad games than good but sadly so does Elmander, Muamba, AOB, Taylor... the list is endless. We also have the worst passers and finishers in the division. Garner and Davies do my head in. I seriously think most on here would score more of the chances they miss!

Last couple of games it seems possession has been given away needlessly and we have gone back to hoping for something to drop from long balls into a crowded penalty area.

Riga is out of his depth and was a waste. Smolarek knows where the nets are but wouldn't give us anything else if he didn't score.

PROVEN CONSISTENT ABILITY at the highest level is needed. Don't think we can afford it even it if wanted to come to be booed at the Reebok.

Game is for the rich now. Clubs and fans. I'll give it one more season but if the entertainment does not improve I'll be relegating myself to GMR. . . and after today that is a horrifying prospect!

I have already taken this step after having a ST for 20 + years and i do not miss it at all take my son occaisonally enjoyed the pompey game that must have been a blip normal service was resumed today that's how i remember last season Man u is soon but that game cannot be won the next game i watch will be Villa as they will provide some attractive football it is much better to pick and choose when to go i have genuine sympathy for those who have got ST and have to endure that on a regular basis.

Guest westmidswhite
Nolan didn't play well, but an out of form Nolan is comfortably still our best midfielder. It was madness that he was taken off.

Elmander was shit for the first half, but i thought he looked class more often than not in the second.

Smolarek must have been pissed off seeing Obadeyi come on though. I'd like to see him given a go next week, give Davies a rest.

How can you say Nolan is out best midfielder - he has played a couple of decent games this season but most games we might as well have 10 men

How was Elmander so bad????? He chased balls all game, set Davies up with a chance my Gran would have converted, and was always looking for the ball (yes, when he's getting no support or service, suprisingly that does mean dropping back!!) When Davies works hard, but doesn't score, he's God, why different for Elmander?

How was Elmander so bad????? He chased balls all game, set Davies up with a chance my Gran would have converted, and was always looking for the ball (yes, when he's getting no support or service, suprisingly that does mean dropping back!!) When Davies works hard, but doesn't score, he's God, why different for Elmander?

an 8 million price tag perhaps ??

Elmander had 2 openings to run towards goal and have a shot and chose not to, I don't know why.

How can you say Nolan is out best midfielder - he has played a couple of decent games this season but most games we might as well have 10 men

Easily.

Nolan, even out of form, offers more to the team than Muamba, McCann or Joey O. Thus, he is our best midfielder. That doesn't make him great, but it does make him one of the last players i'd drop.

What started off as a poor midfield completely evaporated the second we took Nolan off. Besides, you're chasing a goal, who's your money on, Muamba, McCann or Kevin Nolan?

Edited by Tombwfc

Guest Holly_Goodhead
word ont street is that the booers will get their way............

Good.Let us sign a central midfield player who can either pass the ball or run

• Moderators

Nolan wasnt at his best today, just like most of the team.

The only thing missing from his game is goals.

It would be good to find out what he thinks about this, he always scored goals before, maybe its the manager asking him to do different things????

Nolan wasnt at his best today, just like most of the team.

The only thing missing from his game is goals.

It would be good to find out what he thinks about this, he always scored goals before, maybe its the manager asking him to do different things????

He's had half a dozen great chances this season and hasn't converted.

Overall, his play has been of good quality, better than last couple of seasons.

Hopefully, he will come good (he was cack today, along with McCann, Elmander, Taylor)

Guest Holly_Goodhead
I agree. I think Nolan is to comfortable in our team and maybe its time for him to move onto a new challenge

I don't think he has been Premier League standard for a while since he piled the weight on.He definitely wouldn't get a game at Wigan.Too slow due to being a stone overweight and not got the technique.

I'd love Blackburn to pay big money for him.Or even just ?4 million.Wigan paid ?3 million for Cattermole and he's a better player.

• Site Supporter
shittu is turd, did alright today but you could see wigan were targettin him, if they had any sort of pace they'd of destroyed him... But as i said, coped alright with it today.

Were Wigan targetting Shitu or were Wigan targetting Camara; who was being closely man-marked by Shittu? I'd say there was a difference!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.