Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fao The Megson Mongs

barryk32

Just because he is good at spotting a decent player does not make him a good manager. Anyone who went last night could see that we were undoubtably the better side in the first half, but due to Megson's abismal tactics of attempting to sit back and defend a 2-0 advatage, we didn't play any football at all in the second half, end result? Two points lost. Excellent scout, shit manager.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter
Just because he is good at spotting a decent player does not make him a good manager. Anyone who went last night could see that we were undoubtably the better side in the first half, but due to Megson's abismal tactics of attempting to sit back and defend a 2-0 advatage, we didn't play any football at all in the second half, end result? Two points lost. Excellent scout, shit manager.

which is pefectly fine opinion. no problem whatsoever.

to chant 'megson is a wanker' is just wrong, agreed?

• Site Supporter

You've been a member on here for 6/7 months.

You have made 2 posts and this is one of them.

I can only presume you have nothing positive to say so are just here for a whinge?

Can I ask why - seriously?

He was telling them to step out and dont drop too deep, but did they listen? did they fuck! Some of the players need to pull their fingers out and start doin their fucking jobs properly!

Thats Megsons fault though

It was also Megsons fault when it happend under Fat Sam.

You've been a member on here for 6/7 months.

You have made 2 posts and this is one of them.

I can only presume you have nothing positive to say so are just here for a whinge?

Can I ask why - seriously?

I think you'll find because I have been living abroad for 8 months and have visited home few times. When I have, I go to games, thus have an opion to voice. I don't feel I should voice opions from highlights as they can be misleading. However, I like to keep up with what the other fans of my club think. That ok?

• Site Supporter
I think you'll find because I have been living abroad for 8 months and have visited home few times. When I have, I go to games, thus have an opion to voice. I don't feel I should voice opions from highlights as they can be misleading. However, I like to keep up with what the other fans of my club think. That ok?

Not really you moaning c?nt

• Site Supporter

where? the fukcin amazon?

Will you admit that his tactics were spot on for the first half then?

Have you ever played football, and I dont mean in the street. Sometimes things go wrong in a game and its does not matter what you do, you just cant seem to turn it around, you know whats going wrong but whatever you try to do it just seems to make it worse, been it that postion a few times and I would have been glad to walk off the pitch with a point, usally we end up having hower arses well and trully wiped.

think blackburn were shite first half , it was obvious they would get there arses kicked at half time , they came out 2or 3 mins before us at half time .

they were bound to throw the kitchen sink at us in the 2nd half , if megson had told them to try to defend in the 2nd half ( which i doubt ) they had no choice + we had no escape route ,as for most dead ball situs we had eleven men in the box !

in the end thanks to jussi we got a point ( which i may have settled for before the k.o )

with another ref last night jussi could have got a red card , if bsa had his way he would have .

a lot of the shite being aimed at megson was out of order , where i was ,it was coming from the yooth who follow chants like sheep .

keep the faith and get behind them on saturday

• Moderators
Megson REALLY can't win can he.

i'm not one of the idiots as it were

but blackburn were really poor and we went 2-0 up without having to do that much

tactically I didn't think we were that great in that first half, less so in the 2nd half when they came at us and improved themselves

bad tactics don't necessarily lose games

whereas good tactics don't necessarily mean you win

likewise

playing well doesn't mean you win, playing badly doesn't mean you lose

not liking megson doesn't make you a idiot, backing him doesn't make you more astute/clever/intelligent

why does everything have to be so black and white at the moment?

where? the fukcin amazon?

Gold star....for part the time yes as I was taking in quite a bit of South America. Yeah, his tactics in the first half were bob on, we passed it round and it created decent chances and worked, while Blackburn hoofed it up and couldn't get a foot on it. But seriously, how can anyone say that when we were defending corners with 20mins still to go, putting every single player in our 18yard box is not too defensive...we clear it, straight back in, no outlet, no relief of presure on our defence. That's what is annoying about his tactics.

Gold star....for part the time yes as I was taking in quite a bit of South America. Yeah, his tactics in the first half were bob on, we passed it round and it created decent chances and worked, while Blackburn hoofed it up and couldn't get a foot on it. But seriously, how can anyone say that when we were defending corners with 20mins still to go, putting every single player in our 18yard box is not too defensive...we clear it, straight back in, no outlet, no relief of presure on our defence. That's what is annoying about his tactics.

Maybe because every single Blackburn player was in our box too as they were pressing for an equaliser. At 2-1 down, they had nothing to lose, we did, so they pushed us back. It's very basic stuff.

Maybe because every single Blackburn player was in our box too as they were pressing for an equaliser. At 2-1 down, they had nothing to lose, we did, so they pushed us back. It's very basic stuff.

Not entirely true, Blackburn tended to have at least 3 lurking around the edge of the box. Also, they would not leave one of our men stood a bit further up, (hoping to pick up one of our many clearances) unmarked. Very very basic indeed. My opinion is he's too defence and too willing to defend whatever we have, but each to their own!

• Moderators

in some cases though, it was because we allowed them to by sitting far too deeply

against megson's wishes it would seem before you start

which goes back to team and player performances, as opposed to tactics

If we'd left one up or even two up they'd have left AT LEAST the same number back. I guarantee it.

If we'd left one up or even two up they'd have left AT LEAST the same number back. I guarantee it.

Bringing back M Davies to help defend corners was just plain daft. He should have been left up the park to at least give Rovers something to think about.

So let me get this right, you think at half time Megson said to the players "When they get a free-kick in our half, or a corner, I want every single one of you in the box, no matter where the Blackburn players are." Bearing in mind Blackburn had NOTHING to lose so were going to throw everything they had at us. If he did, I'll take it all back. He really is tactically inept.

Sorry to ask but what the f is an opion?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.