Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers Fans Today

Felgate

Fantastic result today and a great way, in my opinion, to hopefully silence some of the Megson bashers. From what I've read, a cracking full debut for Davies, so again, makes it easier to wave goodbye to Nolan. For those of us unlucky not to be at the match today, what were the Bolton fans like today? What was the reception like for Megson? What was the response like from the majority of fans when Spurs equalised - echoes of the Dingles match?

Felgate - celebrating from afar with a cracking bottle of Bordeaux :drinks:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the whole our support was good - i did however see/hear half a dozen "yoof" under the NSL screaming "Megson out" Just after SKD got the winnersFun_banghead-1.gif

PS - They weren't taking the piss or being ironic - they fookin meant it

You get a better class of yoof in the ESL! :roll:

I had a conversation this morning with another poster off here that sums up my opinion of Bolton fans. During the sixties when I went in the Lever End, we used to stand with like minded fans who used to 'cheer on' the whites and support them with chants and singing etc. No one ever criticised the team, if you did you got a slap from someone (usually older) and told not to be disloyal! As I got older I went in the paddocks and realised that there were people who actually went to matches to critcises and barrack the players. To this day I still dont understand why people do this.

Today was no different. Sat in the West Stand Upper, I was sat next and among those very same people. Always eager to condemn but never ever ready to praise.

Why bother coming1Please stay away!

Mark Davies, MOM.

There was the odd "Mesgon out" shouts from the Bolton fans, but some fans were a lot more vocal when the ref was giving Megson a good ear bashing early in the first half, there were many shouting OFF,OFF,OFF and OUT,OUT,OUT and a corus of boo's when Megson wasn't sent off.

Mind you, it was a lot less hostile than Wednesday night at jackburn.

When Dowd went over to the touchline to speak to Megson, one or two older lads, 40s i'd guess were shouting for him to send him off. knobheads!

i had a old wanker in front shouting the same i had to go down stairs for a bit as they were getting on my tits.

other than that we did seem more positive today

When the second goal went in for them it was followed by one or

two gesticulating in the West Stand Lower towards Megson saying

feck off or words to that effect as they made their way towards

the exit.

We (the AHM) gave then short shrift and tole them to feck off themselves,

Mr M Hunt :good:

ANT HILL MOB LOYAL

I don't know if any on here are part of the group of about 40ish year olds that stand at the top of the ESL slightly to the right of the screen (towards the halfway line). Anyway they all seem to be set against Megson no matter what. Today they were singing for Owen Coyle, and that was when we were 2-0 up.

When Dowd went over to the touchline to speak to Megson, one or two older lads, 40s i'd guess were shouting for him to send him off. knobheads!

A few near me started shouting "off off", was tongue in cheek really.

A few near me started shouting "off off", was tongue in cheek really.

I dont know about you's but i prefere a manager who is constantly on the line shouting and showing passion for his team. People who were shouting 'off, off, off' are idiots.

Going to the match is a thing of the past for me, so judging crowd behaviour is a non starter. But what I can judge are the results from our last few games. Not getting battered by the 'big teams' a 1-0 loss to munchen etc does'nt help with the points tally' but goal difference and team confidence does'nt become too stretched.

A draw away to the dingles and a home win against spurs is certainly what the doctor ordered.

Although Megson is'nt the greatset manager on the planet, he's not as tactically inept as some of you seem to think he is. Just to reiterate what a lot of you have already posted. Building a new and YOUNG ( average age of less than 37 ) team takes time.

So COME ON BOLTON as a whole.

Edited by melbourne_white

i'll stand by whoever is manager, and shout my bollox off for the team all day, but it gets on my nads is when i;m sat in the barbers, browsing the papers,and all i can see in one is a comment from megson about how shit hot spurs are, and they shouldnt be at the bottom. just once, please gary,please sing our own praises eh! come on lad! job well done,good spirit shown today, bit twitchy at end but all part of the fun!

I don't know if any on here are part of the group of about 40ish year olds that stand at the top of the ESL slightly to the right of the screen (towards the halfway line). Anyway they all seem to be set against Megson no matter what. Today they were singing for Owen Coyle, and that was when we were 2-0 up.

Stand near these myself, about 4 or 5 cockends who don't half come out with some shite <_<

• Members
During the sixties when I went in the Lever End, we used to stand with like minded fans who used to 'cheer on' the whites and support them with chants and singing etc. No one ever criticised the team, if you did you got a slap from someone (usually older) and told not to be disloyal!

Almost brought a tear to my eye that Boby. A proper football upbringing like I had and 100% true. Summat else that used to be better. Give a young un a quick slap and a lesson in correct behaviour these days and you'd be up on a charge.

Count myself as lucky to have experienced all that. BWFC to the core because of all those early good lessons.

Sadly the boo boys are a little stuck in limbo at the moment and only have Megson to pick on.

Hunt is on the very edge of the Bolton squad (even when he is fit) and Nolan has left.

The boo boys are looking for a new victim and until one appears for them to pick on, Megson will continue to suffer their idiotic offerings.

I had a conversation this morning with another poster off here that sums up my opinion of Bolton fans. During the sixties when I went in the Lever End, we used to stand with like minded fans who used to 'cheer on' the whites and support them with chants and singing etc. No one ever criticised the team, if you did you got a slap from someone (usually older) and told not to be disloyal! As I got older I went in the paddocks and realised that there were people who actually went to matches to critcises and barrack the players. To this day I still dont understand why people do this.

Today was no different. Sat in the West Stand Upper, I was sat next and among those very same people. Always eager to condemn but never ever ready to praise.

Why bother coming1Please stay away!

Mark Davies, MOM.

Correct,good post

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.