Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers Fans Today

Felgate

Two rows behind us (probably the row in front of MannyRd58) is a group of about 6-10 younger lads - always looked off their faces.

The entire match they were berating Megson. Even when a song about Bentley was sung - they managed to either get confused and sing Megson's name instead of Bentley, or knew exactly they were changing the name. So our manager has gone from being a w*nker to a tw*t in 3 days. =D>

When the Frenchman was subbed for O'Brien they were livid - probably not realising the fella was either dead on his feet or carrying a knock - he didn't leave the pitch looking too agile.

I guess its a sign of the times - but their language is just fck, fck, fck all the way through every game. I can swear with the best of them - but these lads don't seem to have been taught the English language correctly and seem to be slipping in fck as a noun, adjective and a verb!

I fear before long an older head is going to take a swipe at them - I really do. They are fckwits of the highest order.

But the upshot is that its making supporters who aren't that keen on Megson (myself in that group) actually more resilient and behind the ginger one. I don't think he got much wrong yesterday at all - Chimbonda was offside for their first and Jussi should have done better with the parry for the 2nd - other than that - not his fault Tottenham (Lennon in particular) decided to start playing after Quasimodo had probably given them an ear bashing (ringing the bells) at half time.

Finally - sorry if we've covered this off umpteen times before - but why oh why do our fans leave before the end? At 3-2 it was proper edge of the seat entertainment - full of passion - don't think my kids have witnessed that yet this season - everyone seemed engrossed, engulfed in how the game would end...... yet folk were skipping off early. :blink:

Edited by Smiley

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the upshot is that its making supporters who aren't that keen on Megson (myself in that group) actually more resilient and behind the ginger one. I don't think he got much wrong yesterday at all - Chimbonda was offside for their first and Jussi should have done better with the parry for the 2nd - other than that - not his fault Tottenham (Lennon in particular) decided to start playing after Quasimodo had probably given them an ear bashing (ringing the bells) at half time.

I agree with most of your post, BUT.......................

Chimbonda wasn't offside.

and the shot that Jussi parried took a deflection off Puygrenier which took it further away from Jussi than originally expected.

I agree with most of your post, BUT.......................

Chimbonda wasn't offside.

and the shot that Jussi parried took a deflection off Puygrenier which took it further away from Jussi than originally expected.

Looked like an offside to me and Setanta said last night it was a dubious offside.

Two rows behind us (probably the row in front of MannyRd58) is a group of about 6-10 younger lads - always looked off their faces.

The entire match they were berating Megson. Even when a song about Bentley was sung - they managed to either get confused and sing Megson's name instead of Bentley, or knew exactly they were changing the name. So our manager has gone from being a w*nker to a tw*t in 3 days. =D>

When the Frenchman was subbed for O'Brien they were livid - probably not realising the fella was either dead on his feet or carrying a knock - he didn't leave the pitch looking too agile.

I guess its a sign of the times - but their language is just fck, fck, fck all the way through every game. I can swear with the best of them - but these lads don't seem to have been taught the English language correctly and seem to be slipping in fck as a noun, adjective and a verb!

I fear before long an older head is going to take a swipe at them - I really do. They are fckwits of the highest order.

Finally - sorry if we've covered this off umpteen times before - but why oh why do our fans leave before the end? At 3-2 it was proper edge of the seat entertainment - full of passion - don't think my kids have witnessed that yet this season - everyone seemed engrossed, engulfed in how the game would end...... yet folk were skipping off early. :blink:

Don't lose faith so quickly, I am a "younger one" and I am guessing my mates that I am with are also classed as that, and I also think that people like this are complete idiots, and I regularly stand there listening to some of the stuff and cringe. Not all of us "young ones" are such nobs.

"a group of about 6-10 younger lads - always looked off their faces."

Definitely part of the problem - they should stick to half of shandy.

"I don't think he got much wrong yesterday at all"

Don't think GM got anything wrong yesterday - even if it had ended 2-2 or even 2-3. And I'm far from his biggest fan.

"but why oh why do our fans leave before the end? "

It's been happening for ages, and happens at other grounds too. It's mad, having paid to get in for a match (they HAVE paid, haven't they ??)

Just out of interest, were do you sit? Theres some c?nts like that near me.

It's the thing that ensures a jolly piss-up under the stand. Anyone who can't wait 45 minutes of the second half for their next pint could hae a liver problem in later years.

I'd be interested to see you explain that to the folk under ESL.

There is one man in esl who sits near the front who moans about everything . Im sure he wants us to get beat . A bad pass he is on his seat shouting megson out . But when we score he is quiet as a mouse . Cant understand why he comes . He has been going for years aswell so is not a parttimer. Im sure he is gonna have a heart attack if he carries on . Think megson has shagged is wife because there is pure hatred in him . Without doubt he will be there next year so think he needs to try and enjoy match instead of plotting megsons downfall.

There is one man in esl who sits near the front who moans about everything . Im sure he wants us to get beat . A bad pass he is on his seat shouting megson out . But when we score he is quiet as a mouse . Cant understand why he comes . He has been going for years aswell so is not a parttimer. Im sure he is gonna have a heart attack if he carries on . Think megson has shagged is wife because there is pure hatred in him . Without doubt he will be there next year so think he needs to try and enjoy match instead of plotting megsons downfall.

Face like an car accident, balding, wears a blue reebok jacket. If so I've had many a barny with that mongal.

As soon as Spurs scored their second he was immediately to his feet with a vitriol aim at Megson. I don't mind anyone disliking Megson but he's the sort of guy thats appears to be coming to games to abuse the staff and players.

Face like an car accident, balding, wears a blue reebok jacket. If so I've had many a barny with that mongal.

As soon as Spurs scored their second he was immediately to his feet with a vitriol aim at Megson. I don't mind anyone disliking Megson but he's the sort of guy thats appears to be coming to games to abuse the staff and players.

Thats him pal . The worlds most angry man . Someone told him shut up and told him he was getting boring . Dont undertsand if they hate everything about the club why come . He pays his money to moan at the players instead of surporting the team . madness

Think this guy used to stand in the Burnden Terrace- one ugly f***er.

At the Charlton game when we left Burnden, a guy a few spaces down the terrace turned to him just before the final whistle and said

" i've stood here for the last 10 years listening to you moaning. i'm just glad that you must have had the worst season in the world, 98 points, 100 goals, cup runs and exciting football. Now f*** off and don't turn up at the Reebok. Around 100 people stood close enough to hear burst into applause. For the first time ever he was speechless.

Nice to see he hasn't changed.

Think this guy used to stand in the Burnden Terrace- one ugly f***er.

At the Charlton game when we left Burnden, a guy a few spaces down the terrace turned to him just before the final whistle and said

" i've stood here for the last 10 years listening to you moaning. i'm just glad that you must have had the worst season in the world, 98 points, 100 goals, cup runs and exciting football. Now f*** off and don't turn up at the Reebok. Around 100 people stood close enough to hear burst into applause. For the first time ever he was speechless.

Nice to see he hasn't changed.

I have sat on the row behind this bloke for 10 years at Reebok and every year said I wouldnt get a season ticket in the same seat again as I could no longer put up with his vitriolic abuse of every player and manager we have ever had. At the end of last season he won and I have spent this season watching matches from various parts of the ground.

His seemingly pure hatred of anyone who puts on a white shirt is really something to see.

The 3 of us who go called him Quasimodo - hence my username.

From reading these posts I'm just wondering if it really is the same bloke or if there's just loads of pig ugly miserable f?ckers turn up on match day.

i was thinking that mesen - I'm in West lower and he sounds familiar

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.