Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

How Many Mosques Are There In Bolton?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this many?

BCOM acts as a consultative body to a range of service providers in Bolton and has been providing some kind of service for the Muslim community for over 14 years. First in the form of the Bolton Muslim Cemetery Committee, then Bolton Muslim Community Care followed by the Bolton Council of Mosques. It is an organisation aiming to unite the Muslim Community of Bolton and increase the opportunities afforded to Muslims to participate, interact and contribute to the wider society.

Representing all the 20 established mosques in Bolton with approximately 20,000 Muslims, BCoM is often seen as the gateway to the Muslim Community. It is an organisation that ensures that Muslims are represented at the highest levels, locally, regionally and indeed nationally. As members of the Local Strategic Partnership we are involved in contributing to the future of service provision in Bolton for all communities, established as well as new and emerging.

BCOM itself has a number of staff, voluntary forums and is involved in a number of projects. These include the provision of circumcision clinics, burial facilities, mentoring and counseling, raising funds for those in need and at times of crisis, drugs work, young peoples pilgrimage package, advocacy and advisory projects, first aid courses, a community newsletter, MRI Scanning facilities and indeed the list goes on.

When one takes a good look into the achievements of BCoM it becomes increasingly clear that the community organisation has excelled like no other in such a short space of time. Working with hundreds of adults and thousands of young people, both male and female, BCOM has provided a new lease of life for many an individual and community group.

All this work however would not have been possible without the support of the staff and volunteers, who without hesitation dedicate their spare time, their efforts and in some cases their lives to ensuring that in some way or another they can benefit the Muslim community. At times there is enormous pressure on BCOM and the expectations are very high, but each time these excellent people dig deep and continue their support.

BCOM represents a real opportunity to shape the provision of services to the Muslim community and for Muslims to contribute to the Bolton Family.

Bolton Council Of Mosques

Edited by frank_spencer

I bet theres 100's, because of the amount of diffrent religeons a house can be registered as a mosque, which also makes it community charge/council tax free :good: Aint that cheered a few up on here :rofl:

well, I was told..........36,000, in order to take advantage of council tax freedom.

Can't be true, can it?

I bet theres 100's, because of the amount of diffrent religeons a house can be registered as a mosque, which also makes it community charge/council tax free :good: Aint that cheered a few up on here :rofl:

Ive heard that before, I always thought it was a myth though, your the man ITK Geoff!!

Personally I couldn't care less how many mosques there are.

Everyone has a right to visit a place of worship.

But claims of 32,000 mosques to service just 20,000 muslims is pure scaremongering.

Guest Firthy
well, I was told..........36,000, in order to take advantage of council tax freedom.

Can't be true, can it?

In a word, no.

Who told you that?

• Moderators
Ok then, I'll put it this way, why do they have to be so out of keeping with the surrounding area?

when did you last drive down manchester rd, bury

unsworth bit

ffs, when did a church 'fit in'

Guest Firthy
I said, "in keeping" as in European architecture.

And I find no reason to drive in Bury.

Because Mosques originate from the Middle East, not Europe. Are you just stupid or are you trying to make a point?

Because Mosques originate from the Middle East, not Europe. Are you just stupid or are you trying to make a point?

Because I think the buildings are hideous and not in keeping with the surrounding areas that make me stupids does it? I presume it's rag week then.

I think my point is, how do they get planning permission for this.

Guest Firthy
Because I think the buildings are hideous and not in keeping with the surrounding areas that make me stupids does it? I presume it's rag week then.

I think my point is, how do they get planning permission for this.

I suppose Tesco superstores, B&Q warehouses, and McDonalds takeaways are attractive pieces of architecture though?