Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Wogden Whites

From a BEN article

It was a 15-strong group of Walkden Whites who had the problem. The minibus they?d hired broke down at Oxford but, being typical football fans, they got themselves to the game and contacted me when they got to Chelsea.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/wanderers/4...all_the_action/

right ( said ) fred..as i said in the other post..it was not us ....it was a breakaway faction

AND ITS WALKDEN

• Members
Bolton fans not from Walkden really don't like Bolton fans from Walkden, do they?

Why?

Never heard that before Chief unless you are referring to the gentle ribbing about Manc accents and all that. I have known lads from Walkden who have supported BWFC since the sixties. When you consider how easy it would have been to become a blue or a red, this is admirable. Never had a problem with em meself - always found em to be top lads (look at Ryan and Col for example) and, if anything, they are 'Whiter than White' due to what they are surrounded with down there.

Grand lads :drinks:

• Moderators

having read that

i don't think Tony Kelly wrote it, or if he did, bits have been changed

"I had the satisfaction, though, of helping the fans out, which is what I?m there for." = "f?cking pr?cks made me miss half the match"

"Unfortunately the stewards wouldn?t let us back in. What a choker! " = "c?nt"

Been to a few matches with the Walkden mob....always a good day out....once you get past the accents and the fact they all secretly support Man Utd anyway :drinks:

Never heard that before Chief unless you are referring to the gentle ribbing about Manc accents and all that. I have known lads from Walkden who have supported BWFC since the sixties. When you consider how easy it would have been to become a blue or a red, this is admirable. Never had a problem with em meself - always found em to be top lads (look at Ryan and Col for example) and, if anything, they are 'Whiter than White' due to what they are surrounded with down there.

Grand lads :drinks:

cheers bolty....... =D> =D>

So let me get this right..

Your car breaks down on the way to a match, so what do you do...

Ring the AA or RAC? Nope...

you ring tony kelly and he sorts it out for you. :blink:

No, you get the train to the game then speak to tony kelly

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.