Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who Said This?

"With it (the squad) being so small suggests its ideal for a NEW manager to come in and rejuvenate it and bring in players of substance.

For me the loanees have had no chance to show us what they can do!! Not long ago most on here thought Makukula was not fit for the Prem!! Now he scored an hatrick midweek people are wanting him included in the starting XI this weekend!! This is purely out of frustration of our Pricey Forward who isn't bulging the ole onion bag!! Results Matter in the Premiership regardless of how Beautiful you play it. Everton showed most clubs that you can frustrate the top four but need the personal in the squad for that!!

I hope a new Manager does come in but I think most will agree on here that Premiership survival is the most important thing at the moment regardless of IF Megson goes now. But ought to leave our club when survival is certain. If indeed Gartside & Davies want to move our club forward next season its plain to see Megson isn't the man!! He has been given the most Money to turn our club around and to me has failed to move our club forward with this said money and looking at the table it is possible we will finish the season in the same position as last season IF he keeps this defensive aproach to each game!!

COME ON YOU WHITES"

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"With it (the squad) being so small suggests its ideal for a NEW manager to come in and rejuvenate it and bring in players of substance.

For me the loanees have had no chance to show us what they can do!! Not long ago most on here thought Makukula was not fit for the Prem!! Now he scored an hatrick midweek people are wanting him included in the starting XI this weekend!! This is purely out of frustration of our Pricey Forward who isn't bulging the ole onion bag!! Results Matter in the Premiership regardless of how Beautiful you play it. Everton showed most clubs that you can frustrate the top four but need the personal in the squad for that!!

I hope a new Manager does come in but I think most will agree on here that Premiership survival is the most important thing at the moment regardless of IF Megson goes now. But ought to leave our club when survival is certain. If indeed Gartside & Davies want to move our club forward next season its plain to see Megson isn't the man!! He has been given the most Money to turn our club around and to me has failed to move our club forward with this said money and looking at the table it is possible we will finish the season in the same position as last season IF he keeps this defensive aproach to each game!!

COME ON YOU WHITES"

That would be me!!!! B)

COME ON YOU WHITES"

the defensive approach that means we've scored more than all but the top 6 and citeh?

Why is it all these 'sack Megson at the end of the season and bring in someone else' type posts all seem to convieniently miss out who we should appoint instead?

Go on them Tombwfc would you like to name possible suitors??

Or are you all for Megson staying at Bolton??

I do Know Mourinho is hinting at returning to the Premiership!!! That would be my suggestion!!! :good:

Why is it all these 'sack Megson at the end of the season and bring in someone else' type posts all seem to convieniently miss out who we should appoint instead?

Scolari?

Hiddink?

Wenger?

We're not going to get a proven top flight manager so will have to go for someone still learning the ropes like Darren Fergusson or someone who's fooked it up before like Souness or Peter Reid

I am.

Thats great but for me imho has he took the club forward from last season to date???

I just don't like how he approaches each game!!

And lets face it his interviews are the most depressing stuff ever!!!

I like motivational managers not glass half empty blokes!!!

Latest interview talking about possible relegation with three home games left...... COME ON!!!!!

Because it would be complete fantasy at the moment as most people would have their ideal person for the post.

Until he goes and the job is advertised then specxulation can begin. But what is currently required is for Megson to walk or be promoted out of management or be sacked thenh true speculation can begin!!

It would be like saying who would be thes best peron to replace YOU in your job!

Edit: My ideal person for the job would be Van Basten!

We always seem to be talking about British people for the job but how many successful British managers are there in the Prem.

I think it is now time to look on the mainland where a person taking the role could introduce more falir and more optimism and, most importantly, could actually help Bolton boost its image abroad! Marketing strategy as well - cool :-)

Edited by DutchWhites

Because it would be complete fantasy at the moment as most people would have their ideal person for the post.

Until he goes and the job is advertised then specxulation can begin. But what is currently required is for Megson to walk or be promoted out of management or be sacked thenh true speculation can begin!!

It would be like saying who would be thes best peron to replace YOU in your job!

We always seem to be talking about British people for the job but how many successful British managers are there in the Prem.

I think it is now time to look on the mainland where a person taking the role could introduce more falir and more optimism and, most importantly, could actually help Bolton boost its image abroad! Marketing strategy as well - cool :-)

Alex Ferguson

Moyes

Megson

Pulis

Martin O'Neill

Roy Hodgson

Steve Bruce

Phil Brown

FSA

• Site Supporter
Thats great but for me imho has he took the club forward from last season to date???

I just don't like how he approaches each game!!

And lets face it his interviews are the most depressing stuff ever!!!

I like motivational managers not glass half empty blokes!!!

Latest interview talking about possible relegation with three home games left...... COME ON!!!!!

Flobby de dobby de plobby de pooh

click fart wanky plant grip shaft pod chew

I'm just translating for you.

:rofl: :rofl:

seriously?

:rofl: :rofl:

Do you not mean English, because old Red Nose as not too badly down the road <_<

I do, but I must admit I did say British because we had two managers, at least, in the past that were not English but were definitely not from outside th British Isles

i think there has to come a time when people look at megson and realise he did his job keeping us up and now he is looking to build, and thats gotta take time. big sam wasnt fantastic to start with, he came from blackpool after just throwing away what looked like certain promotion at the end of the season so he also didnt have this european pedigree. i think the majority of megsons signings have been in the right direction, young solid players in cahill, davies etc, and also looks like he did a good bit of business selling nolan. rather than speculate on who should replace why not get behind him? jsl

Alex Ferguson

Moyes

Megson

Pulis

Martin O'Neill

Roy Hodgson

Steve Bruce

Phil Brown

FSA

Are you on drugs? If he's a successful manager you should pack up watching football and take a one way flight to join Megsons brother in Oz.

Are you on drugs? If he's a successful manager you should pack up watching football and take a one way flight to join Megsons brother in Oz.

Never touched drugs.

Out of interest, how is he not successful, in your view?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.