Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Best Player To Have Faced The White

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duncan Ferguson scored a hatrick of headers against us once at Everton - cant think of anybody else who's done that - must be a contender for best aerial threat

He did n'all. The day after his birthday apparently. He must have still been bad with ale.

Good effort.

Guest bwfcdan
Joe Cole is one that always seems to play well against us!

Hmm i remember a certain Jay Jay Okocha showing him up.

And im gonna say Dennis Bergkamp

Thierry Henry

Probably the best player for me, but never against us. Like somebody has already said he just never seemed to show up against us.

For me most have been said, but another that can guarantee a few against us no matter what his form is, is shrek from down the road :angry: .

Probably the best player for me, but never against us. Like somebody has already said he just never seemed to show up against us.

I asked him why: He replied: 'It's always so cold and windy there!' Then he smiled, then I melted! :pardon:

best player, most famous player or the one who ripped us apart on the park ?

some on here might say the best player to play against us is Tom Finney or Stan Matthews. and both have ripped us apart on the pitch.

some of the names already mentioned on this thread are just famous players who have played against us and if that is the reason for this thread then fair enough.

David Lee when at Bury always took the piss out of us as did Rodney Jack.

Malcolm Macdonald had a blinder at Burnden in the FA cup game around 1973 ish. scored 2 i think, one was incredible.

Duncan Mckenzie for Everton in the League Cup semi 2nd leg, tore us apart but missed a penalty as well at the embankment end.

• Moderators
Malcolm Macdonald had a blinder at Burnden in the FA cup game around 1973 ish. scored 2 i think, one was incredible.

Duncan Mckenzie for Everton in the League Cup semi 2nd leg, tore us apart but missed a penalty as well at the embankment end.

the 76? i think cup game is on youtube

• Moderators
best player, most famous player or the one who ripped us apart on the park ?

some on here might say the best player to play against us is Tom Finney or Stan Matthews. and both have ripped us apart on the pitch.

some of the names already mentioned on this thread are just famous players who have played against us and if that is the reason for this thread then fair enough.

David Lee when at Bury always took the piss out of us as did Rodney Jack.

fcuk me, somebody will say winston white, yes it sickens me, next

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.