Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Update

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've just read up on him and he sounds like a decent prospect. can play in midfield but more of a winger who can create and score goals. accordingto wiki named 40th in the top rising footballing prospects in the world

at least we are being linked with the players in the positions we need i.e. midfield, striker and defenders.

i'm sure meggo has lots of players he has targeted thanks to the clubs new and improved scouting network

i've just read up on him and he sounds like a decent prospect. can play in midfield but more of a winger who can create and score goals. accordingto wiki named 40th in the top rising footballing prospects in the world

at least we are being linked with the players in the positions we need i.e. midfield, striker and defenders.

i'm sure meggo has lots of players he has targeted thanks to the clubs new and improved scouting network

whats his passing rating? (out of 20)

1207 BST - Stoke are in talks with West Ham about signing striker Dean Ashton. (Sky Sports News)

notwithstanding recent injury issues; wouldn't he be good for us?

Apart from a Goalkeeper, not sure who else we could be linked with???

Now Ashton would be a fantastic signing!

A very poor mans Michael Owen, always injured and nowhere near as good.

No point in signing cripples

I'd sign 'em both to be honest

Why waste money on decent wages?

You'd get 10 games out of both of them for the season, I'd sooner we sign Jason Roberts than any of these two.

Why waste money on decent wages?

You'd get 10 games out of both of them for the season, I'd sooner we sign Jason Roberts than any of these two.

I know you can never be sure but that's what fitness tests are for and these 2 are in a different class to Jason fuckin' Roberts

I know you can never be sure but that's what fitness tests are for and these 2 are in a different class to Jason fuckin' Roberts

The difference is though, Roberts would fit in immediately. His physical nature and his pace would be what we badly need.

Both Owen and Ashton are better techincal players, but I can't see our direct approach better the best out of either of them.

The difference is though, Roberts would fit in immediately. His physical nature and his pace would be what we badly need.

Both Owen and Ashton are better techincal players, but I can't see our direct approach better the best out of either of them.

I think Owen's pace would work well with Elmander and Davies supporting and both him and Ashton are goalscorers - something we're missing - Roberts hasn't consistently scored in the top flight.

Although I wouldn't moan at any of 'em to be honest :good:

I think Owen's pace would work well with Elmander and Davies supporting and both him and Ashton are goalscorers - something we're missing - Roberts hasn't consistently scored in the top flight.

Although I wouldn't moan at any of 'em to be honest :good:

Thought it had gone?

• Moderators
He is living on a reputation made in about 15 games for West Ham about three years ago

I think he's still going off the fact he came from Crewe's production line miself

Guest Blixa

If Ashton was that great (and that fit) WHU wouldn't be binning him - let's be honest, they're not exactly flush with strikers.

If Ashton was that great (and that fit) WHU wouldn't be binning him - let's be honest, they're not exactly flush with strikers.

Or money; is that why they're getting rid?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.