Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Update

My boss is a mate of his.

Last week he said he was either going to Celtic or Wigan.

He did spend a night at the De vere Whites in January having talks with Bolton but his injury fcuked that up. At the time we had a ?5m bid accepted.

I'll ask her for an update tomorrow.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boss is a mate of his.

Last week he said he was either going to Celtic or Wigan.

He did spend a night at the De vere Whites in January having talks with Bolton but his injury fcuked that up. At the time we had a ?5m bid accepted.

I'll ask her for an update tomorrow.

He got injured in November, so how was that possible?

He got injured in November, so how was that possible?

She told me a bit ago that Bolton had agreed the fee and he had been to Bolton for talks before his injury. I presumed it was January. She said yesterday that she spoke to him last week and he said he was going to either Celtic or Wigan.

I'll check the facts tomorrow.

martinez said when he left swansea that he wouldn't be going back to raid his old club of all their best players i.e. bodde, scotland, pratley etc.

he did sign that spanish midfielder the other day but that was because he was only on loan at swansea from espanyol.

he did add however that if swansea do accept bids/allow some of their best players to leave to other clubs then he might go in for them.

Edited by jonathan

martinez said when he left swansea that he wouldn't be going back to raid his old club of all their best players i.e. bodde, scotland, pratley etc.

he did sign that spanish midfielder the other day but that was because he was only on loan at swansea from espanyol.

he did add however that if swansea do accept bids/allow some of their best players to leave to other clubs then he might go in for them.

So basically, he'll raid his old club of anyone he wants at Wiggin then.

Bolton boss Gary Megson is set to pull out of a move for West Brom left-back Paul Robinson as the ?1m asking price is twice the amount he wants to pay. (Various)

Bolton boss Gary Megson is set to pull out of a move for West Brom left-back Paul Robinson as the ?1m asking price is twice the amount he wants to pay. (Various)

or alternatively we are not in a rush so will wait for WBA to meet us half way at ?750,000.

or alternatively we are not in a rush so will wait for WBA to meet us half way at ?750,000.

He's got 1 year left on his contract, wants to leave, and we've got left backs anyway

So I think you're right - we're in the driving seat on this one

he's a 27 year old dutch player who plays for swansea. he is an attacking midfield playmaker who has good vision, passing and can hit a really good long strike every now and then.

Richard Sneekes anyone??? :nea:

Not filling me with a great deal of excitement that one. If he were top class I can't see that he'd slip through the net till he were 27...

Mustard

We should put a bid in for Roger Johnson from Cardiff. They'll accept ?5 million for him. A quality centre half who would form a great partnership with Cahill.

Looks like Birmingham have had a big accepted.

So... we are in for Bodde and Doyle. Ok then.

Where WW leads the BN follows:

Whites target 'The Professionals'

12:00pm Wednesday 24th June 2009

GARY Megson has turned to The Professionals in a bid to add more goals to his side next season.

Swansea?s Dutch midfielder Ferrie Bodde and Reading striker Kevin Doyle have emerged as his top two targets.

And The Bolton News understands that Wanderers could move for both players ? at a combined fee of more than ?8million ? by the end of the week.

The pair, whose names share a resemblance to 1970s TV cop heroes Boddie and Doyle, a.k.a The Professionals, would represent a significant move in the right direction for Megson, who is shooting for a more attacking brand of football at the Reebok.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.