Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shittu And Mccann Sign For Pompey!

Shittu and McCAnn have joined Pompey for a combined cut price fee of ?2m, the fee is a small upfront payment and the balance payable when Gaydamak completes his sale of the club. Good to help out our probable fellow strugglers!!! and lose our 3rd best central defender as well. Nice gesture!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
"Bolton duo Gavin McCann and Danny Shittu will today join crisis club Portsmouth in a cut price ?2m deal." Mirror

Discuss

Odd story though. I could have sworn I watched Shittu play 90 mins at Leyland toneet.

Very odd on many levels, McCann was in our starting XI the other day and don't we want ?2m for Shittu anyway?

My ?20 in Portsmouth to finish bottom is looking good.

• Moderators
Shittu and McCAnn have joined Pompey for a combined cut price fee of ?2m, the fee is a small upfront payment and the balance payable when Gaydamak completes his sale of the club. Good to help out our probable fellow strugglers!!! and lose our 3rd best central defender as well. Nice gesture!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this FACT?

Does this indicate that McCann (not really match fit) started last Saturday coz he was in 'the shop window' ?

Otherwise, if he's now being let go as surplus to requirements, why DID he start on Saturday ?

It's late, my brain can't cope with this stuff .....

According to the mirror it is. :pardon:

They, and others, are also reporting that SKD has officially signed the earlier agreed extension until 2012.

Thing is though the strange quotes by Megson and the amazing valuation put on Davies!

Kevin Davies set to sign new Bolton deal

Bolton skipper Kevin Davies is signing a new and improved contract to keep him out of the clutches of Blackburn Rovers and Hull City.

And boss Gary Megson is relieved to have the big striker tied down after claiming there is a 'campaign' against the club by outside forces

Bolton rebuffed all approaches for Davies and valued him at around ?10 million despite his age, so they felt he was worth an increase and a longer stay.

Bolton already had Davies under contract for two more years, but the new deal will see him on their books until the summer of 2012.

Megson rapped: "There are people who do things to undermine and destabilise this club. It's been like that for a while."

Full story here -

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Kevin...icle119287.html

In the BN, nothing bout McCann......

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wande..._League_rivals/

Shittu set to join Premier League rivals

6:00am Tuesday 18th August 2009

By Marc Iles ?

DANNY Shittu is on the verge of quitting the Reebok for Premier League rivals Portsmouth.

The Fratton Park side are one of three clubs who have submitted offers for the Nigeria international in the last few days.

Wanderers are thought to be holding out for at least the ?2million they invested in the big centre-half last summer.

Read the full story in The Bolton News on Tuesday.

Edited by dirty barsteward

Thing is though the strange quotes by Megson and the amazing valuation put on Davies!

Bolton skipper Kevin Davies is signing a new and improved contract to keep him out of the clutches of Blackburn Rovers and Hull City.

And boss Gary Megson is relieved to have the big striker tied down after claiming there is a 'campaign' against the club by outside forces

Bolton rebuffed all approaches for Davies and valued him at around ?10 million despite his age, so they felt he was worth an increase and a longer stay.

Bolton already had Davies under contract for two more years, but the new deal will see him on their books until the summer of 2012.

Megson rapped: "There are people who do things to undermine and destabilise this club. It's been like that for a while."

Full story here -

Hasn't Megson got previous for quoting outside forces etc etc I think when he was at Forest he put his failure and shocking relationship with the fans down to outside forces trying to tarnish his name and at WBA - again smacks of his unpopoularity in the game as a whole??!! I think he's getting twitchy and the pressure is mounting saturday was a wake up call.

As for Shittu and McCann - nothing lost at all quality wise but numbers dropping again having said that if McCann in the team means performances like saturday stick with the kids nothing lost - hopefully ?2m in, a bit more to come when Pompey buy out is done and we can up the anti to get in quality attacking options

Hasn't Megson got previous for quoting outside forces etc etc I think when he was at Forest he put his failure and shocking relationship with the fans down to outside forces trying to tarnish his name and at WBA - again smacks of his unpopoularity in the game as a whole??!! I think he's getting twitchy and the pressure is mounting saturday was a wake up call.

As for Shittu and McCann - nothing lost at all quality wise but numbers dropping again having said that if McCann in the team means performances like saturday stick with the kids nothing lost - hopefully ?2m in, a bit more to come when Pompey buy out is done and we can up the anti to get in quality attacking options

I think that comment is spot on, one other thing in his article is that outside forces is mentioned in the same story as Hull and Blackburns interest in Davies I do not think that is coincidence and that is where Megson is pointing the finger.

I think that comment is spot on, one other thing in his article is that outside forces is mentioned in the same story as Hull and Blackburns interest in Davies I do not think that is coincidence and that is where Megson is pointing the finger.

Yes you are probably right and again weird response from a guy seriously low on popularity - it may well be true but why antagonise a lot of BWFC fans who will still hold Allardyce and Brown in very high regard just leave it well alone try and break the cycle and start building his own popularity by being a bit less pigheaded?!

• Site Supporter

Only Redknapp gets that :pardon:

Full story here -

breaking news now on SSN about K D

As I mentioned in the Sunderland thread, he was mystified he was playing on Saturday, as he had only played less than 2 halfs all pre-season.

Mc Cann only played as Gardner pulled out through Injury/Illness at the last minute, Hence Mc cann on the right wing

In the BN, nothing bout McCann......

[

The Fratton Park side are one of three clubs who have submitted offers for the Nigeria international in the last few days.

Wanderers are thought to be holding out for at least the ?2million they invested in the big centre-half last summer.

Read the full story in The Bolton News on Tuesday.

With Portsmouth's financial state, you wouldn't want to bet on seeing any deferred payment. The club was in the proverbial without any arab takeover and it looks like that is increasingly unlikely. I reckon that they may well be the first Premiership club to go into admin.

With Portsmouth's financial state, you wouldn't want to bet on seeing any deferred payment. The club was in the proverbial without any arab takeover and it looks like that is increasingly unlikely. I reckon that they may well be the first Premiership club to go into admin.

Cant see that happening - I think they only owe about ?20m now and if they were facing admin they could sell Distin, Belhadj and Krancjar and they are nearly there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.