Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shittu And Mccann Sign For Pompey!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant see that happening - I think they only owe about ?20m now and if they were facing admin they could sell Distin, Belhadj and Krancjar and they are nearly there.

Is that assuming the proceeds of the player sales has gone into the club's coffers and not into the owner's bank account ?

I've no idea what's happening at Pompey, or what the legality of that would be, but just saying .....

<_<

Taking a very dodgey deferred payment from Portsmouth is madness. Megson whould be looking at a part-exchange here.

Who on here said that Nugent was worth a punt?

Would that said person part exchange Shittu and McCann for him?

Taking a very dodgey deferred payment from Portsmouth is madness. Megson whould be looking at a part-exchange here.

Nugent is worth a punt! the Irish equivalent of a pound about right really

Id swap Mccann for a bag of cement after how shit he was on saturday but that was the managers fault playing him wide right imo. The only good thing about us selling these two (if we do sell them) is that must surely mean weve got some more players lined up? :pardon:

Confirmed on b/n website mccann in negotiations. as well as shittu. :mellow:

I'm not saying it isn't happening, but the usual source of information for the b/n is from here, so it can hardly be classed as confirmation

I'm not saying it isn't happening, but the usual source of information for the b/n is from here, so it can hardly be classed as confirmation

If mr megson has confirmed it then it must be true because he don,t tell lies. :rofl:

Id swap Mccann for a bag of cement after how shit he was on saturday but that was the managers fault playing him wide right imo. The only good thing about us selling these two (if we do sell them) is that must surely mean weve got some more players lined up? :pardon:

Has he?

Has he?

I expected quite a few "buy to improve" lesser name squad players to come in this close season based on our worldwide scouting system that Megson was highlighting not so long ago. Let's face it, only Lee falls into this category. Robinson, Ricketts, Davis, and Knight could have been scouted by watching MotD.

Looks like we will be well short on squad numbers, especially in midfield/upfront, if we sell Shittu and McCann and put it all into one experienced striker.

Nugent for Shittu and McCann would be good business net down one player but strengthening the squad where it needs it - after Saturday any move in that direction is the right move Ricketts can play centre half and Joey O Brian is back fit along with Tamir Cohen neither that good but neither any worse than McCann.

Nugent for Shittu and McCann would be good business net down one player but strengthening the squad where it needs it - after Saturday any move in that direction is the right move Ricketts can play centre half and Joey O Brian is back fit along with Tamir Cohen neither that good but neither any worse than McCann.

:good: Good post to be fair but not too sure bout Nugent,what we need is a proven goal scorer at the top level,yes i know he would cost a arm and a leg

but we need someone and quick

Not sure that Nugent would be good business, he's proved nothing at pompey to convince me that he would strengthen the squad other than him being an additional forward just for the sake of numbers.

In fact I'd even give Shittu a spell up front before buying him, only based on the fact that he took out Wigan's keeper when they beat us 1-0 last season.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.