Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jermaine Beckford

Warby78

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not seen a lot of this lad - can he finish does he have decent feet?

Always thought he was a speed merchant type player with not a great deal of quality - like a Vassell type

if he is the former get him but we'd need more than ?2.5m if he's the latter I'd edge me bets on Nugent.

?2.5m for a young lad scoring over 30 goals will never be accepted.

Double it and they might think about it !!

They sold that other lad to villa for ?6m !!

Length of contract left to run may well be a factor though?

Ive not heard anything on this yet but i reckon ?3.5 million would get him. I would get him in and swap Shittu and Mccann for Nugent, then we will have some options up front. Maybe we would need a back up Centre half to replace Shittu but that shouldnt be to hard to solve.

Ive not heard anything on this yet but i reckon ?3.5 million would get him. I would get him in and swap Shittu and Mccann for Nugent, then we will have some options up front. Maybe we would need a back up Centre half to replace Shittu but that shouldnt be to hard to solve.

Now that would be good - ?3.5m out - net squad size no change - McCann and Shittu for Nugent and Beckford - cover all over the pitch - saturday dim distant memory!!

Now that would be good - ?3.5m out - net squad size no change - McCann and Shittu for Nugent and Beckford - cover all over the pitch - saturday dim distant memory!!

Would be a bold move, though short on cb cover again and (most importantly) still no real midfield creativity / ball-holding. Few strikers can score without service.

• Site Supporter

He only has one season left on his contract, he handed in a transfer request last summer but nobody made an offer. IMO ?2.5 million is too much, he is a proven goalscorer at League One level only. Maybe worth a punt at ?1 million but no more.

Would be a bold move, though short on cb cover again and (most importantly) still no real midfield creativity / ball-holding. Few strikers can score without service.

My Leeds mate fan says that Beckford is cack. Mind, for ?3m, what can you expect?

Yes fair point on the creative midfielder but I reckon that may have been shelved and it's all go for the striking options, we've got Davis S (will come good and start to be a string pulling type of player in my view) and Davies M, plus Taylor and Gardner with a bit of flair on the wings - CB I would say we are ok with Ricketts, AOB, Cahill and Zat

I have also had this information from a Leeds fan, goes missing in games to often, ive not seen enough of him to form an opinion for meself

Anelka went missing in games but when he got the ball in opposition half he was deadly. Theres loads of strikers who are quiet in games but score and goals win matches. We can still create chances without this creative midfielder that everybody seems to think is the answer. We need options up front to score plenty goals because if anybody is out of form/injured at the moment theres nobody to replace them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.