Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jermaine Beckford

Warby78

• Site Supporter
Anelka went missing in games but when he got the ball in opposition half he was deadly. Theres loads of strikers who are quiet in games but score and goals win matches. We can still create chances without this creative midfielder that everybody seems to think is the answer. We need options up front to score plenty goals because if anybody is out of form/injured at the moment theres nobody to replace them.

I havnt seen enough of him but he is a striker, him and Nugent then I think that'd be a start :good:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bwfcdan

Odds on him joining a premiership club before next weeks deadline have dropped from 25/1 to 5/2

I'd love him at Reebok

I have also had this information from a Leeds fan, goes missing in games to often, ive not seen enough of him to form an opinion for meself

For what it is worth my Leeds United supporting mate told me at the back end of last season that Delph was certainly Premiership class but Beckford was only Championship material.

Then again look what happened when we took a chance on Michael Ricketts.

Guest Frandsen08

I think even if he just wants to use a prem club as a stepping stone to get to a bigger prem club in the long run then i'd be happy if that was us

im sure leeds put 5mill price tag on him

For what it is worth my Leeds United supporting mate told me at the back end of last season that Delph was certainly Premiership class but Beckford was only Championship material.

Then again look what happened when we took a chance on Michael Ricketts.

A lot of Rickettes goals came from getting on the end of a defence splitting through ball.

I haven't seen our midfield play such a pass for many a season now.

What I am saying, be it Nugent or Beckford, without a midfield player who can pass a ball forward to feet or into space behind the opposition defence - I just can't see how we can get any use out of such a striker. Don't get me wrong, it will be great to have these type of options available but we need somebody to get tht best out of them too.

Saying that though, either of them will be better than our current option of a non-scoring forward.

A lot of Rickettes goals came from getting on the end of a defence splitting through ball.

What I am saying, be it Nugent or Beckford, without a midfield player who can pass a ball forward to feet or into space behind the opposition defence - I just can't see how we can get any use out of such a striker. Don't get me wrong, it will be great to have these type of options available but we need somebody to get tht best out of them too.

Saying that though, either of them will be better than our current option of a non-scoring forward.

Sean Davis is your man he's a ball playing midfielder, saturday aside I'm expecting him to be getting on the ball and knocking it about, if not then Mark Davies he can weave through defences and then slot in forwards we've got the players we just need them to perform or possibly be allowed to perform without "defence first" ringing in their ears.

That's due to the fact that we haven't got somebody up front who is capable of out running the last defender. Davies and Elmander don't have the pace to play on the shoulder of the centre half and beat them for pace.

When we had Anelka you saw far more of it. Admittedly we had Campo playing some of those balls and he is obviously more comfortable on the ball than our current midfield options.

I'd be confident that our midfield would be able to supply the ammunition to a pacey centre forward though.

I agree entirely with Yatesy. The way our midfield play and the way we are presently set up makes it very difficult for our attackers, and thats if they are in form. Its always a case of making the best from scraps, not enough sensible balls being played into the chanels and passing to feet.

That didn't stop Diouf doing a good job for us at times.

Beckford and Nugent would be good signings.If they had been signed a month ago,the season would have started more optimistically.

I think Megsons comments in last nights paper about the last days before the window closes becoming a buyers market may have something to do with it. Maybe money is so tight that they are holding out for a bargain. Risky business if we don't get a result on Saturday because if we appear to be desperate then it could become a sellers market.

I think Megsons comments in last nights paper about the last days before the window closes becoming a buyers market may have something to do with it. Maybe money is so tight that they are holding out for a bargain. Risky business if we don't get a result on Saturday because if we appear to be desperate then it could become a sellers market.

We have to sell before we can buy fact!

We have to sell before we can buy fact!

Has it been established how much ,roughly, we have available to spend? Quality strikers and creative midfielders don't come cheap so do we/I have unrealistic expectations from this trasfer window?

I've seen enough of Beckford to say absolutely no f*cking WAY do I think he's good enough at the top level. Decent defenders will have him for breakfast. No ta.

Totally agree Colonel, he is not good enough. The mere mention of a potential signing and some people immediately get excited. He misses lots of chances and isn't particularly hard working, he is NOT what we need right now. Nugent isn't that good but would be more productive this year,I am sure. A better target would be Henri Camara who is pacy and can score in the Prem and erm... is free.

Totally agree Colonel, he is not good enough. The mere mention of a potential signing and some people immediately get excited. He misses lots of chances and isn't particularly hard working, he is NOT what we need right now. Nugent isn't that good but would be more productive this year,I am sure. A better target would be Henri Camara who is pacy and can score in the Prem and erm... is free.

Also for Camara, and would seem also as a shitty atitude to boot

Adding to the list of people who get comments from leeds fans, got told he is championship at best, and has a habit of mouthing off at refs and getting sent off for stupid things of his own making.

Quite often in the big matches when leeds need him most as well. Think he got sent off in last season's play offs against millwall due to his stupid behaviour.

I remember certain warsaw fans telling us that Ricketts was a crock of shit and look what he did for us .I think beckford defo worth a punt , cant be any worse than we got at the mo. I think its pretty obvious that Bolton wont do a deal untill they have off loaded shittu and zidane , but yet wont offload till they v agreed a fee for Beckford . A few also commenting on Beckfords attitude and would prefer Nugent who by all account s is a big time Charlie himself and throws his toys out the pram when things dont go his way .

For me i would take either of them as long as they score goal s for the white men then thats good enough for me ! :good:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.