Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jermaine Beckford

Warby78

Doesn't Matter Who We Get Up Front If We Carry On With This Poor Midfield, Defenders Mentality To Lump It In The Air

, 11 Men Back Defending Corners , No Midfielders 10 Yards Close Of The Striker To Give Support.

We Play For Luck Imo, Hoping K.Davies Wins The Flick Ons And It Hopefully Drops To A Bolton Player, Especially When There Is No Creativity In The Middle Of The Park, If Megson Plays M.Davies And Lee Chung Yong In The Same Team Our Football Will Improve But Playing 3 Same Types In The Same Midfield Is Uneeded And Very Negative.

What Im Trying To Say Is, If We Get A Striker With Pace[ We don't Need Anymore Turtles] Then They Need There Ball To Feet More, Or Skilled Through Balls Not Hit And Hope Boring Lofts.

Elmander Doesn't Get The Service He Needs, Megson Won't Play 3 Strikers K.Davies .. Elmander .. ? . Most Of The Time K.Davies Is Stuck On The Right Wing For Some Reason. If We Swap Elmander For Someone Else , I Can't See Us Not Changing Style , So The Way We Play Will Probly Not Get The Service. Yes Anelka Scored 13 Goals In A Shocking Team But He's Anelka , We're Being Linked With Untested Or Mediorce Run Of The Mill Players .

Im Not Trying To Say Because We Play A Certain Way , We Shouldn't Bother Signing A Striker , It's Just I Don't Think We Would Be Able To Get The Best Out Of Them, Maybe Megson Just Want's A Sub Role Striker , Afterall Elmander Did Cost 8 Million , I seriously Don't See Him Being Dropped.

We Play 4-4-2 Now And Then,We Sometimes Create Quite A few Chances In A Game, But Unless We Can Get A Real Deal Striker, Any Average Player Imo Will Not Make Any Noticable Difference.

Nugent Is A Decent player , But We Have Been Linked With Him For A Few Years And I Don't Think He Would Be Any Better Than He Was At Pompey In His Limited Playing Time. Beckford's Record Speaks For It Self And Surely We Must Have At Least A Few Million , It Could Be A Good Deal But Then Again Maybe not, He's Untested And Probly Would Not Get That Much Playing Time.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter
Doesn't Matter Who We Get Up Front If We Carry On With This Poor Midfield, Defenders Mentality To Lump It In The Air

, 11 Men Back Defending Corners , No Midfielders 10 Yards Close Of The Striker To Give Support.

We Play For Luck Imo, Hoping K.Davies Wins The Flick Ons And It Hopefully Drops To A Bolton Player, Especially When There Is No Creativity In The Middle Of The Park, If Megson Plays M.Davies And Lee Chung Yong In The Same Team Our Football Will Improve But Playing 3 ame Types In The Same Midfield Is Uneeded And Very Negative.

What Im Trying To Say Is, If We Get A Striker With Pace[ We don't Need Anymore Turtles] Then They Need There Ball To Feet More, Or Skilled Through Balls Not Hit And Hope Boring Lofts.

Elmander Doesn't Get The Service He Needs, Megson Won't Play 3 Strikers K.Davies .. Elmander .. ? . Most Of The Time K.Davies Is Stuck On The Right Wing For Some Reason. If We Swap Elamander For Someone Else , I Can't See Us Not Changing Style , So The Way We Play Will Probly Not Get The Service. Yes Anelka Scored 13 Goals In A Shocking Team But He's Anelka , We're Being Linked With Untested Or Mediorce Run Of The Mill Players .

Im Not Trying To Say Because We Play A Certain Way , We Shouldn't Bother Signing A Striker , It's Just I Don't Think We Would Be Able To Get The Best Out Of Them, Maybe Megson Just Want's A Sub Role Striker , Afterall Elmander Did Cost 8 Million , I seriously Don't See Him Being Dropped.

We Play 4-4-2 Now And Then,We Sometimes Create Quite A few Chances In A Game, But Unless We Can Get A Real Deal Striker, Any Average Player Imo Will Not Make Any Noticable Difference.

Nugent Is A Decent player , But We Have Been Linked With Him For A Few Years And I Don't Think He Would Be Any Better Than He Was At Pompey In His Limited Playing Time. Beckford's Record Speaks For It Self And Surely We Must Have At Least A Few Million , It Could Be A Good Deal But Then Again Maybe not, He's Untested And Probly Would Not Get That Much Playing Time.

:blink:

We Play For Luck Imo, Hoping K.Davies Wins The Flick Ons And It Hopefully Drops To A Bolton Player, Especially When There Is No Creativity In The Middle Of The Park, If Megson Plays M.Davies And Lee Chung Yong In The Same Team Our Football Will Improve But Playing 3 Same Types In The Same Midfield Is Uneeded And Very Negative.

Elmander Doesn't Get The Service He Needs, Megson Won't Play 3 Strikers K.Davies .. Elmander .. ? . Most Of The Time K.Davies Is Stuck On The Right Wing For Some Reason. If We Swap Elmander For Someone Else , I Can't See Us Not Changing Style , So The Way We Play Will Probly Not Get The Service. Yes Anelka Scored 13 Goals In A Shocking Team But He's Anelka , We're Being Linked With Untested Or Mediorce Run Of The Mill Players .

I got so bored reading this that I started to count the number of CAPITAL letters you had used. :blink:

Sorry .. What I Meant To Say Is We PLay Luck Football , Like Hoping Our Long Balls Find The Target K.Davies. We Play To Super Kev's Strenghts But Most Of Our Long Balls Are Hit And Hope.

How do you explain the caps? Have you got some sort of retarded keyword that does it for you?

• Site Supporter
Sorry .. What I Meant To Say Is We PLay Luck Football , Like Hoping Our Long Balls Find The Target K.Davies. We Play To Super Kev's Strenghts But Most Of Our Long Balls Are Hit And Hope.

in football terms its called 'Percentages', and allarydyce is a masssive fan. as it martin o'neill iirc

• Site Supporter

sorry, but make your mind up. its either one or the other. the chances of finding a player than is quick with the ball are very slim.

either play to feet and let the ball do the work, or play into space and allows stikers to run onto it..

• Site Supporter
Beckford scores again today , he has defo got to be worth a punt .I no he s playing in lower league but at least he knows were there net is and think he could have a made a diffrence today at hull . We had enough chances

is he worth gambling 7m though?

• Moderators

general rule of thumb

if we can attract a striker, theres going to be a big risk they won't cut it

only 2 sam found were anelka and ricketts and to an extent davies

we've already chanced 8 million

another 7 on beckford

i think not

general rule of thumb

if we can attract a striker, theres going to be a big risk they won't cut it

only 2 sam found were anelka and ricketts and to an extent davies

we've already chanced 8 million

another 7 on beckford

i think not

Where's ?7m come from is that not quoted figure for Achilles Tendon? No way Beckford will be ?7m in last year of his contract I suspect we'd have to go over the odds to maybe ?3.5m but not ?7m?

What I meant is that maybe if Elmander had 4 such opportunities he'd have put one away too. Or 2, or 3.

Or Beckford playing for us on Saturday may have got one chance and missed it.

A seemingly prolific striker bought in may not be the panacea some people are expecting.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.