Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reserves

You can "t wrap players in cotton wool , but can reduce their chances of injury by resting them against lower league cloggers . As it happens i would play the first choice team tonight ,as i think a victory is needed to give confidence , momentum ,and generally lift some gloom.

Got my reservations though.

I happen to believe that you should play your strongest team in every first team game. But what do I know, I'm only a supporter.

You can "t wrap players in cotton wool , but can reduce their chances of injury by resting them against lower league cloggers . As it happens i would play the first choice team tonight ,as i think a victory is needed to give confidence , momentum ,and generally lift some gloom.

Got my reservations though.

According to what I've heard of last night's Anfield game, we may see our players damaged by Premiership 'cloggers' this Saturday. <_<

Glad we agree about tonight's team anyway.

Last nights team was pretty much our third choice team, though I can't understand why some of the players that are on the bench tonight didn't get a run out last night, even more so the like of Hunt, Basham, Shittu who aren't even on the bench. They say that when a player has been out for a while they need a few games to get back the match fitness back, but then the players not appearing in the first team week in week out aren't getting any match practice.

That said there are a couple of promising players who played last night, one of whom was on the bench for the full Australia squad last week. He is more likely to play for Australia before he plays for us.

As far as I'm aware: GM wanted his strongest squad available for tonight, so his "best" 18 didn't get considered for last night. Hunt, Basham & Shittu aren't fully fit.

So hes taking the cup seriously like everybody wants :pardon: He will still somehow get slated no doubt.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.