Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ivan Klasnic

• Moderators
Okay, so because an opinion differs from your own, that means it is based upon youtube or a computer game? Mak played half a season for Maritimo and scored for fun, but that was it.....half a season. Klasnic played well for Bremen for a number of seasons both domestically and in Europe, whilst playing for his national side. There is no comparison between their careers. Mak always had potential and could have been brilliant without his injury issues, but he was NEVER a proven player, whereas Klas was until his kidney gave up and ran away. I have watched Mak play numerous times, so let's not do the whole "we disagree so you must never have seen him" bit.

I was disagreeing with the bit where you said "Klasnic was one of the best players in a good league, not true of the players mentioned.". As I pointed out, Makakula was, for a very short spell and in a decent league. That's all, I know nothing of Klasnic.

If your encyclopedic knowledge of player's career is through following football rather than Wikipedia then fair play to you. You might be overqualified for here like!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was disagreeing with the bit where you said "Klasnic was one of the best players in a good league, not true of the players mentioned.". As I pointed out, Makakula was, for a very short spell and in a decent league. That's all, I know nothing of Klasnic.

If your encyclopedic knowledge of player's career is through following football rather than Wikipedia then fair play to you. You might be overqualified for here like!

ha, na...I just watch too much football. I would say Mak had a period of good form (a bit like Zaki) rather than being one of the top players, but fair enough.....just agree to disagree.

Yeah, Cohen swapped from 25 to 21 eventhough he could have taken 21 at the start of last season when Dioufy left, strange

If Megson gave Cohen Diouf's shirt there would have been some uproar about 'evil' Megson replacing a good player with a known rubbish one in an attempt to ruin our club on purpose and get himself sacked from the best paying and most high-profile job he's ever had.

Okay, so because an opinion differs from your own, that means it is based upon youtube or a computer game? Mak played half a season for Maritimo and scored for fun, but that was it.....half a season. Klasnic played well for Bremen for a number of seasons both domestically and in Europe, whilst playing for his national side. There is no comparison between their careers. Mak always had potential and could have been brilliant without his injury issues, but he was NEVER a proven player, whereas Klas was until his kidney gave up and ran away. I have watched Mak play numerous times, so let's not do the whole "we disagree so you must never have seen him" bit.

So Klasnic was great (proven scorer in a top league) until his kidney issues

Well, the reality of the situation is that we bought someone who was "proven" once, but isn't now due to unfortunate circumstances.

Even if the kidney issue doesn't affect him now he's not on an upward curve and not really "going places"

I'm not saying he won't be a success, but to repeat what I said yesterday - this guy is a gamble

Well, the reality of the situation is that we bought someone who was "proven" once, but isn't now due to unfortunate circumstances.

Even if the kidney issue doesn't affect him now he's not on an upward curve and not really "going places"

I'm not saying he won't be a success, but to repeat what I said yesterday - this guy is a gamble

Oh absolutely, yes. A real gamble. Not because of the money, but because if he doesn't succeed we are seriously light upfront. I am not saying the guy is a sure-fire success, though he has more chance than most of the dregs we were linked to that last week. The two issues are 1) will he stay fit? 2) will the ginger-one actually play him?

I completely agree.....a gamble and we'll wait and see.

Any striker we get is a gamble

Our choices are : Proven striker with fitness or character problems .

Foreign striker with no English football experience or

English lower league strikers .,,,,,,they are all gambles.

The best premiership or foreign strikers in their prime are out of our financial league .

After reading that Times article the lad deserves a medal for getting out of bed in a morning, never mind playing professional football again.

Fair play to him and I'll be cheering him on whether he is good / shite or indifferent :)

agree - a bit different to the pie eater mario jardel

worsley Mesnes. And whilst on the subject. Mesnes; how is that pronounced MAINS?

Mesne is a legal term meaning intermediary and is pronounced mean.

Mesnes must be a place in between 2 other more notable places/areas.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.