Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Chelsea Away

Statto_1

Guest squidgy66
I agree but, unfortunately, my agreement carries no clout with the club.

I've heard you are held in the highest regard by the ground staff

Something about hose envy

The coaches? They won't do it for a cup match. It's not financially viable. They did it last year to try helping secure points in the premiership and stay up.

Edited by squidgy66

• Site Supporter
Eh :blink:

NB's spacehopper has been away for a service. she didn't make it clear whether this was an Annual service or if it was a mileage based one. I was asking the question because I have concerns that a trip to London by spacehopper from that there t'horwich would surely cause her to get blisters on her hand if she was going wih standard orange plastic handles.

Simples!

NB's spacehopper has been away for a service. she didn't make it clear whether this was an Annual service or if it was a mileage based one. I was asking the question because I have concerns that a trip to London by spacehopper from that there t'horwich would surely cause her to get blisters on her hand if she was going wih standard orange plastic handles.

Simples!

Never fear, I wear driving gloves & goggles! Safety first!

Just an annual service, but I fell for the sales pitch & went and had go faster eyes on it.

Anyone reckon the club could put free travel on for the trip to Chelsea in the Carling Cup. I think it would be an excellent move by the club if this was to happen.

Sadly a mid-week match in London probably isn't going to attract enought fans to fill a coach, irrespective of it's cost (as in free or not), so they probably won't do it. We will probably only have 300 fans there, of which over 200 will be from "exiles" who live in/around London.

I would rather the club saved their money

This is the sort of stupid game that appeals to me might just make the effort, you just never know.

I know what you mean. A few years back I went to Brentford for league cup game for no other reason other than I just felt like it. We won and I fully expect us to win at Chelsea too - feck 'em!

Guest squidgy66
I can get there reasonably easily, so I am in...............I wonder if my mate Squidgy will be as well.................

Well I'm planning to be there. Does that count :pardon:

Ex-Mids texted me said his QPR mate only paid 20 quid for their round. Admittedly different leagues but it was a local derby (got a bit messy before the match by all accounts to)

I'm tempted...

would my pogo stick last all the way to London?

Probably not.

I'm riding my unicycle across Yorkshire to Goole, where I've got my pedalo moored.

A quick trip down the coast and up the Thames and Robert's your mother's brother.

The coaches? They won't do it for a cup match. It's not financially viable. They did it last year to try helping secure points in the premiership and stay up.

Actually the first free travel game was to Arsenal in the FA Cup. I notice we play Chelsea at the Reebok in the league three days after the league cup game. Will we win both, one or none?

Guest squidgy66
Actually the first free travel game was to Arsenal in the FA Cup. I notice we play Chelsea at the Reebok in the league three days after the league cup game. Will we win both, one or none?

I sit corrected

I think we wrote off the home leagure game when the fixtures came out. I'd love to do them at the Bridge in the cup.

Not sure what team they put out the other day against QPR but sort of fancy our chances if they field a weakened team

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.