Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ins And Outs Under Megson

roybarker

Perhaps he's a Megson supporter and hopes the facts will help him prove what a good job Gary is doing.

I was thinking more along the lines thatperhaps he wanted a stick to beat him with, but couldn't be arsed looking it up for himself.

:pardon:

• Site Supporter
Out - Old players nearing retirement, players on the decline and a superstar striker for a fortune

In - young players who can be sold on for a profit to secure the long term future of the club

Agree with that, it pointless to get into the whole players issue. The players we currently have are good enough to remain in the division, with a bit of the right coaching and management we would be fine, christ four games ago we were praising the way we were playing. The right mon in charge we would do well.

Out - Old players nearing retirement, players on the decline and a superstar striker for a fortune

In - young players who can be sold on for a profit to secure the long term future of the club

In a candy-coated kind of way there's an argument there, the problem is that other than Cahill we don't have many who realistically will be sold for a profit

In a candy-coated kind of way there's an argument there, the problem is that other than Cahill we don't have many who realistically will be sold for a profit

Muamba and cohen would go for more now IMO.

in the long run Young Davies, Chungy and that centre half from Wolves were all bought witht he intention to be sold for more than we paid

• Site Supporter
when Big Sam was managing the club his net debt after 8 years was approx 1.4 million

Gary Megson after managing the club for 2 years his net debt is over 14 million.

no wonder we are in the sh*t

Do them figures take into account tv revenue ticket sales wages cup runs and alike or you just talking players

Do them figures take into account tv revenue ticket sales wages cup runs and alike or you just talking players

Also the "free" players signed by fat sam were not free and i very much doubt them figures include the massive signing on fees

Might be one for sluffy this as the sites resident expert on the clubs accounts. Megson was banging on about budgets again yesterday and I have been saying that it's right what he is saying but as a club our budget hasnt changed agreat deal ie Sam got us in to europe with very similar transfer kitty and wage bill. I think I'm right on the transfer kitty give or take but has our wage bill been drastically cut in the last 3 years or is Megson just using stats like (5 points after 10 games) that suit his argument?

Agree with that, it pointless to get into the whole players issue. The players we currently have are good enough to remain in the division, with a bit of the right coaching and management we would be fine, christ four games ago we were praising the way we were playing. The right mon in charge we would do well.

Agree we do have the players in the squad who could do well. I think that any flair has been knocked out of them. That was what the original quote meant.

I would mind us losing as much if we showed some attacking flair. We have 2 quick wingers. We have a good defensive midfielder who can cover for someone to go forward. The gap yesterday between the front players and midfield was enormous.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.