Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Press Conference

C86

Elmander, Knight & Ricketts are an improvement on Braaten, AOB & Hunt so for me the players he has brought in has pushed us in the right direction, we have a more younger, English side now and unfortunately it just hasnt worked for him recently.

Given the time I am sure he could turn it around but Football is a results game and we need to act quickly to avoid relegation.

Many Thanks Gary for your efforts, but i do feel it is time to change.

The problem with elmander is the fee, ?8m-?12m depending which story you believe, his return does not justify the fee.

steinsson replaced hunt, so why did we need rickketts as well.

knight and aob are as bad as each other.

i missed muamba off my list of decent signings.

do you think GM knows his best team ? we play mccann and muamba at home and then mumabe drops to the bench against wolves.

despite the 'results' football he sets out to play we are the only team in the country that has not kept a clean sheet this season.

i do nt hate megson but he is not doing a good enough job.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been on the give him a chance side of the fence, but after this weekend i'm afraid his tenure must now come to an end.

I have no idea who we should or could bring in, as it isn't my decision, but after losing to Blackburn and Wolves FFS all we need now is to be turned over by Bury and Tranmere and he's got a full house!

It has taken me a long time to change my mind, but this weekend was the final straw, i think now is a good time to install someone new so that they can see where we need stegthening before the transfer window opens.

The guy doesnt even know his best 11, time to go without doubt. Playing Mccann over Muamba is fucking scandalous. Most his transfers have been decent imo but that isnt enough to keep a job as a premiership manager.

Dammit with your inside knowledge i thought this was a confimation or denial of the rumours!

:pardon:

The guy doesnt even know his best 11, time to go without doubt. Playing Mccann over Muamba is fucking scandalous. Most his transfers have been decent imo but that isnt enough to keep a job as a premiership manager.

Two of the last 3 goals we've conceded (Duff at Fulham and that serb Satday) have come when mccann has lost out on a 50/50 challenge.

Hes fuckin shite and i nearly broke my foot on Saturday kicking out on the seat in front of me and hitting the fookin metal.

He's a health hazzard he must go.

If he was going, it would have been rumoured by now. It hasn't. He isn't going anywhere.

Re his best team, I think you can level that at a good half of the Premier League. In essence, it's a squad game these days, you pick a team depending on the game.

He has improved our squad considerably, the only drawback being a lack of motivation and tactical nouse when required, not helped by some players frankly being disappointing. I remember the excitement on here when we signed Zat Knight - on paper he was a good signing, but it hasn't worked. Likewise Elmander - but signing players who don't do as expected isn't exclusive to this club.

We need to be behind the team, the manager and the club when things aren't going our way. Unfortunately, we've collectively dragged down the team for months - that's a factory every bit as significant as team selection (I mean, what idiot takes Megson out signs to must-win away games?). Aside from the wages, I wouldn't want to be walking on the pitch next week knowing one goal could turn things very nasty. We're our own worst enemies.

• Moderators

I'll stick my neck out, having worked in the media... I don't think Bolton would announce an 11am press conf to publicise the manager going, especially not the day before the event. There would be a press release first. A press conf may be used to announce a new manager but not a sacking.

I'll stick my neck out, having worked in the media... I don't think Bolton would announce an 11am press conf to publicise the manager going, especially not the day before the event. There would be a press release first. A press conf may be used to announce a new manager but not a sacking.

Damn right.

Well I've just been chatting to a SSNs bod outside & I'll expect betting to be suspended very soon.

Loose Lips & all that! Shhhhh! YHIHF!

So, in other words, if we put money on Megson to be the next manager to go, it would be like printing money?!

Edited by Gaz Nt

• Moderators

I'm off down the Reebok at dinner

I reckon I will spot Slaven Bilic on the car park reading a paper with eye holes in it, looking toward reception, and megson leaving with a box of possessions under his arm and a security guard watching him closely

if I do, I'll let you know

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.