Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Press Conference

C86

I'm off down the Reebok at dinner

I reckon I will spot Slaven Bilic on the car park reading a paper with eye holes in it, looking toward reception, and megson leaving with a box of possessions under his arm and a security guard watching him closely

if I do, I'll let you know

I can confirm his mum's already been round trying to sell us lucky heather, so you never know!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
I can confirm his mum's already been round trying to sell us lucky heather, so you never know!

nothing to report other than v windy and tesco was surprisingly busy for a monday dinner

nothing to report other than v windy and tesco was surprisingly busy for a monday dinner

Ooooh, it's all going on inside the stadium though, mate. Trust me.

& Tesco should not allow anyone not working full time into their carpark or store between the hours of noon & 13.30 & after 17.30 during week hours.

Ooooh, it's all going on inside the stadium though, mate. Trust me.

& Tesco should not allow anyone not working full time into their carpark or store between the hours of noon & 13.30 & after 17.30 during week hours.

Maybe the cameras are there to see the fax which says that Torres is joining us in January ?

?I do not want to play that down but there are three million people unemployed in this country, we are fighting a war in Afghanistan and there are all sorts of things going wrong in the country."

Fair play he's not wrong put's things in perspective I suppose but if he could just leave a little gap in between the circled wagons so he can fuck off things would look that little bit brighter all round.

However I feel Blixa is not wrong he'll get beyond the window at least unfortunately we have a manager more pig headed than piggy the pig head so no amounts of baying for his blood will shift him he'll need to get the boot Phil may feel pre transfer window it's the wrong thing to do.......I disagree

• Site Supporter
Another transfer window! How many millions of his own transfers did he have on the bench on Saturday?

ive read this a couple of times now.

cant somebody post the hard fact please. sluffy?

cost of players in starting line up and who signed them?

cost players on bench and who signed them?

Why bother?

Means very little; signing player is simply a part of the job, whatever Sluffy et al come up with

Our points tally and position in the table is pretty much all you need to know by this point in the season

• Site Supporter
Why bother?

Means very little; signing player is simply a part of the job, whatever Sluffy et al come up with

Our points tally and position in the table is pretty much all you need to know by this point in the season

agreed, thats why i havent bothered.

but like i said, people keep throwing it up without backing with hard facts. (even though they could be correct)

Guest bwfcdan

The bench

Al Habsi- Big Sam, free

Sam Ricketts- Megson, ?2 million

Fabrice Muamba, Megson, ?5 million

Zat Knight, Megson, ?4 million

Mark Davies, Megson, ?1 million

Johan Elmander, Megson, ?8.2 million

Tope Obadeyi, Big Sam, undisclosed from Coventry

Around ?20 million on the bench on Saturday

Do you know something there rest of us don't?

You seem awfully convinced judging by the repetitive post.

No, I just invested in some common sense. More people should try it.

Oh yes - and I might know something you don't.

?I do not want to play that down but there are three million people unemployed in this country, we are fighting a war in Afghanistan and there are all sorts of things going wrong in the country."

Fair play he's not wrong put's things in perspective I suppose but if he could just leave a little gap in between the circled wagons so he can fuck off things would look that little bit brighter all round.

However I feel Blixa is not wrong he'll get beyond the window at least unfortunately we have a manager more pig headed than piggy the pig head so no amounts of baying for his blood will shift him he'll need to get the boot Phil may feel pre transfer window it's the wrong thing to do.......I disagree

He's not putting things into perspective, he's trying to divert critisism away from him. What has fighting a war in Afghanistan got to do with getting beaten at Wolves?

The bloke is a grade A clown

No, I just invested in some common sense. More people should try it.

Oh yes - and I might know something you don't.

Well fuck me stop harping on about it, you made your point the first time you said it. You don't need to argue with everyone who disagrees.

• Site Supporter
The bench

Al Habsi- Big Sam, free

and on the pitch?

He's not putting things into perspective, he's trying to divert critisism away from him. What has fighting a war in Afghanistan got to do with getting beaten at Wolves?

The bloke is a grade A clown

People are asking if he's under pressure.

He says not really pressure is ' three million people unemployed in this country, we are fighting a war in Afghanistan and there are all sorts of things going wrong in the country' not what i do for a living.

perhaps a daft comment but the man's right

The bench

Al Habsi- Big Sam, free

That's fucking horrendous. Given Taylor isn't showing a lot this season, Megson's 'good record' in the transfer market is looking a bit tainted now. And these players have mostly had time to settle in, and he's had time to find them a role to get the most out of them.

People are asking if he's under pressure.

He says not really pressure is ' three million people unemployed in this country, we are fighting a war in Afghanistan and there are all sorts of things going wrong in the country' not what i do for a living.

perhaps a daft comment but the man's right

I suspect they mean under pressure in the context of his job, not in the context of world peace and a cure for society's ills.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.