Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Betting Odds

Guest heatonwhite

If you had layed every 1.1 new manager on betfair in the last decade you would now been in a mansion! Not saying it wont happen but the nature of betfair means these markets go crazy due to the fact you can bet and lay. With the age of internet forums rumours spread people go in for a quick buck then immediately lay so until the bubble bursts on that name the trade goes down and down!!

I hope the above doesnt relate to Owen Coyle as I think he will most defintely unite the club both players and fans and also if he is to leave Burnley for us Uncle Eddie must of promised him a windfall!!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter
If you had layed every 1.1 new manager on betfair in the last decade you would now been in a mansion! Not saying it wont happen but the nature of betfair means these markets go crazy due to the fact you can bet and lay. With the age of internet forums rumours spread people go in for a quick buck then immediately lay so until the bubble bursts on that name the trade goes down and down!!

I hope the above doesnt relate to Owen Coyle as I think he will most defintely unite the club both players and fans and also if he is to leave Burnley for us Uncle Eddie must of promised him a windfall!!

the way i look at it, i'd happily pay ?50 for owen coyle to be our next manager.

its a win, win situation.

• Moderators
the way i look at it, i'd happily pay ?50 for owen coyle to be our next manager.

its a win, win situation.

true as well.

Conversely, I'm putting a few quid on Warnock when I can find a market.

When it gets to 2/7; is that a sign of "done deal" or just an indication of money going in a certain direction?

When it gets to 2/7; is that a sign of "done deal" or just an indication of money going in a certain direction?

I would advise real caution with these markets, its a done deal when hes sat next to Phil Gartside at the Press Conference. Too many people in these markets trying to make their screen green which seems to think people are ITK when in reality they are trying to make a quick buck. I think the usual average on betfair is around 4 managers to go to around 1.5 in the length it takes to appoint a manager.

Heres hoping we reverse those stats!

Mr Harry Redknapp is the master of inflating these markets in his managerial merry go round!

Guest bwfcdan

Owen Coyle's odds have been slashed from 8/1 to 4/9 to become new Bolton boss by William Hill after a widespread gamble this morning. 'Coyle is the only man anyone wants to ba at the moment - and they're taking virtually any price offered, which is usually significant' said Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe. Other odds...9/2 Reid; 6 Curbishley; 14 Hughes, Jewell, Zenga; 16 Speed..............

Owen Coyle's odds have been slashed from 8/1 to 4/9 to become new Bolton boss by William Hill after a widespread gamble this morning. 'Coyle is the only man anyone wants to ba at the moment - and they're taking virtually any price offered, which is usually significant' said Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe. Other odds...9/2 Reid; 6 Curbishley; 14 Hughes, Jewell, Zenga; 16 Speed..............

Or is someone in the know at the club who is in the know putting money on Coyle to push Reids price up then making money on a Reid appointment

where did you read this mate?

Or is someone in the know at the club who is in the know putting money on Coyle to push Reids price up then making money on a Reid appointment

Think about this

Reid is 4/1 this morning

Coyle is 4/1

you are saying they backed Coyle all the way down to 1/5, just to get Reids price upto 10/1?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.