Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Betting Odds

Guest heatonwhite

• Site Supporter
I don't want Paul Jewell but some money must have gone on him post 3pm today as he is now favourite with them all now

Still can't see George Grahams odds anywhere

One I hadn't though of, who may hanker a return to the EPL, is Martin Jol - PL and European experience, respected throughout the game, pity he was doing so well at Hamburg last time I looked

yesh pleash

cant see it though

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want Paul Jewell but some money must have gone on him post 3pm today as he is now favourite with them all now

Still can't see George Grahams odds anywhere

One I hadn't though of, who may hanker a return to the EPL, is Martin Jol - PL and European experience, respected throughout the game, pity he was doing so well at Hamburg last time I looked

No chance, hes at Ajax now.

Wasn't Paul Jewell in the stands last night sat next to David Moyes or did I imagine that on the coverage afterwards.

Maybe it was a done deal like Mancini <_<

he certainly was.

i'd like to see you get sparky hughes. think that would be a hell of a step forward for you.

hope you dont get jewell, he's fucking shite.

Im certainly not gonna be betting on this one, too many names in the hat. I do think though that our next manager has known for a while and hes been scouting for players for weeks, its too close to the transfer window to expect someone to take over, find who he wants and organise the team with whatever funds he may have available. I wouldnt mind Sven at our place though :good:

• Site Supporter

only 2 in it on betfair at the min with reid and jewell at about 4/1 and closest outsider being ferguson at 7/1

i reckon thats as good as we'll get.

reid's experienced i guess and has some affinity with the fans.

jewell is more of a 'lad' who possibly could bond with the fans.

ferguson is a massive wildcard imo, could relegate us, could take us to europe.

• Site Supporter
If we get Jewell i will cry,no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Anyone but him(and Dowie)

But isn't this how Megson started? Half the fans made their minds up that they never wanted him and will never want him. The next manager NEEDS our backing or we will definately be looking at Championship football next season.

But isn't this how Megson started? Half the fans made their minds up that they never wanted him and will never want him. The next manager NEEDS our backing or we will definately be looking at Championship football next season.

I will back him but i never said i did not want Megson, i give him more than a chance and never jumped on the bandwagon of the Megson out crew

but i dont want Jewell ,a good ex player with a bit of flair will do me

Whilst I wouldn't be over the moon, I'd actually be pretty happy with Jewell.

Plays decent football, seems ambitious with the right club, talks sense 90% of the time and seems like a decent bloke whenever I've seen him interviewed.

I'd be a bit nervous with Peter Reid. Great bloke and I'd find it easy to get behind him, but I'd be worried about his track record and the time he's spent out of the hot seat.

Would be over the moon with Mark Hughes, but I can't see it happening (although if we don't at least approach him it would be a disgrace). Likewise Owen Coyle.

Darren Ferguson would be exciting, purely for the reasons someone else posted, could get us into Europe/could get us relegated, but I wouldn't like to be the one taking the risk.

Southgate/Dowie/Souness would all be panic signings and I would rather have stuck with Megson if I'm honest.

Agreed but the club cannot handle the appointment as badly as they did Megson's. That "people in football know" comment alienated a lot of people from the start.

In the paper this morning, Megson is quoted as saying "People who know football know that I did a good job at Bolton". I wonder if that includes Gartside.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.